Nairobi Airport Stop Over House
$85
$208
$155
Trip.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was coming from Masai Mara Safari and had to pick my flight in the morning and wanted a cheap place only to sleep and have breakfast before going to the airport. I could not have chosen a better place for it.
I paid Kshs 3000 for a room with private bathroom which is very cheap actually compared to other hotels nearby.
The people working there (very young but very professional) were always smiling and were always ready to help and they even took me out for dinner in a nearby place (again very cheap there as well)
Concerning mosquitoes, yes we do have a lot of them but you are in Kenya and need to have to have some mosquito repellents and believe me I had no mosquito problems at all after putting on the mosquito repellent cream. well I used the mosquito nets as well and they worked wonders as I slept like a baby without any problems since morning..
Well the setting of the place is not a five star one of course for the price you are paying but you feel really secured and the amenities (bed, towels, bathroom, etc) are really very good
I also had a great breakfast with everything you need to start a good morning..
It was really a great experience for me and I will surely go there again and will highly recommend this place to travellers going for a short stay or going to or coming from a safari..
Thank you Nancy and everyone there for making this a superb stay for me

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ghirish
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would not stay here again. And I would not recommend it either.

This was my 3rd trip to Kenya, in July 2010. I have stayed at places ranging from the top hotels to very modest tented camps. This time, I was helping to chaperone a group of kids for 2 weeks, and we used my now-former Trip Coordinator to book our accommodations. My guess is that he never set foot in the place prior to bringing us there from the airport. My regular Driver was horrified, as were other Kenyan friends of mine who could not believe the state of the place, or that we were staying in a neighborhood they did not feel was safe.

There is one main sitting room on the lower floor. They did allow you to use their computer there. In that room were several chairs and a couch, plus one long table for dining and a small 2-person table.

I believe there were 3 or 4 rooms upstairs- two smaller and two larger. One of the large rooms we reserved for the guys in our group, the other, largest we reserved for the girls in our group (bunkbeds lined the larger room with one full/queen bed). Judging from their comments and angry phone conversations, they were filled with other unhappy travelers,

Although the room was clean, there were plenty of mosquitoes and flying bugs around, and no screens on the windows. There was one shower upstairs (I tried to be one of the first to shower, and the water was warm then).
There was a toilet in a separate room next to that which was so foul that some of the girls in the group were literally crying. There were at least 14 people upstairs and the toilet wouldn't flush. The water, ETC. very often ran out over the top and onto the rest of the floor where we slipped on it constantly. I don't think I need to elaborate that point any more.

There were 10 of us, and although we had arranged for "Board", these poor girls working there were trying to fix everyone's meals on a single Jiko stove! They had an oven but it did not appear to be working. So 1-2 people at a time got their meals, which wound up making us very late to our appointments, go elsewhere, or skip meals altogether . (This may not seem important, but many travelers are on a tight schedule and it does make a difference.This was a budget trip and the kids worked hard to raise every dollar for the trip.)

The 2 young women working there were very nice, and they were clearly doing their best under the circumstances. I see by other reviews that not everyone had the same experiences we did, and I hope the place has improved. I am also guessing they didn't have a man burst in the front door at 4am screaming and yelling, either!

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed on two separate occasions for one night each time, and used the airport drop off / pick up service they offer. The pick up / drop off from the airport was reliable and on time. The rooms are basic (hey, its Africa) but fine, the staff are friendly and helpful. Importantly it's secure. Breakfast was simple but adequate. It was also good value for money. we will be staying there next time we go to Nairobi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MushnKit
Reviewed September 3, 2012

hi travelers, am right now sitting at the dinning room of Stop Over House in Nairobi and i would like to recommend you this place. Between the airport and the city center, far away from the hassle of the city but really near to it. Cheap prices, nice food, hot shower, nice stuff and familiar ambient. And free wifi!! Highly recommended

Miriam

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed for a night before my flight the following morning and found it was great value for money; a stone's throw from the airport and very friendly staff. They directed me to a great restaurant nearby for dinner and very early the next morning, before I had to leave, they kindly made me breakfast too. I felt very safe and would gladly come back again next time I'm passing through Nairobi.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo