Zafferano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Near Victoria furniture/Southern Sun Hotel
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Made reservations for a friend’s birthday party which was professionally handled by Nick. They even allowed the birthday cake to be delivered directly to them. This was a plus as most people would not even let us bring in the cake.

The ambience is fantastic. We sat on the balcony for sundowners and later moved in for dinner. The food was okay – nothing spectacular – and one or two orders got mixed up. Some cocktails also had to be sent back as they were not done quite right the first time.

Service was painfully slow. Our table had 13 PAX and only one waiter handling both food and drink orders. We ended up having dinner after 10pm

Location is pretty good though and they have lots of parking

1  Thank Thetravel_buff

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Service is slower than the traffic on Uhuru Hwy. Only the starters are really decent food. Nothing is worth the money here.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Discovered this restaurant purely by accident as It was valentine's and all the regular places were booked in advance and a girl has got to eat. Unfortunately dinner was restricted to a pre-set three course menu for the (Valentine's) day. The food was surprisingly delicious, I had braced myself for rather bland fare, more so because the restaurant had perhaps only 10 couples dining that evening. I cannot complain about the food. However I can't say the same about the drinks. The mojito did not have enough rum or even mint leaves. The pre-set menu included a free drink which turned out to be tequila in orange and tree-tomato juice, not very nice at all. I am thinking of going back to have an all round experience and review Zafferano again.

1  Thank Darksister
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Nairobi restaurants usually deliver excellent food and good value for money - zafferano did not. The setting is nice but the food was bland. We were very confused when ordering off the menu and asked if we were really sure if we wanted that item because most diners that ordered it were disappointed with it. We couldn't help but wonder why it was still on the menu?! With so many excellent spots to eat in Nairobi there is no reason to go back there.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had heard of Zafferano before in good light so I convinced my wife last saturday to give it a try. When we walked in the ambience was good though the place was quite empty and it was heading to 7pm. We assumed it would fill up as the evening went so we took a balcony seat to enjoy the Westlands view. The waiter was quite helpful and proposed the chefs special that had been advertised the day before steak and a meat combo -spare ribs, chicken and steak as two meals. That worked with us so we ordered.
Everything collapsed when we took our first bite - ALL the meat had clearly overstayed and was stale. When the waiter came we requested for the manager who with great dexterity walked to the chef and appeared five minutes later to give an explanation - sadly confirming why the meat was stale! He promised to do something about it and that is indeed the last time we saw him!
Overall, good location and ambience but the food is really a disappointment. My wife and I will definitely not be going there again.

1  Thank Samwats2012