“Not worth the money or inordinate amounts of time you will be waiting.”
Review of Zafferano - CLOSED

Zafferano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Near Victoria furniture/Southern Sun Hotel
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Service is slower than the traffic on Uhuru Hwy. Only the starters are really decent food. Nothing is worth the money here.

There are newer reviews for Zafferano

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Discovered this restaurant purely by accident as It was valentine's and all the regular places were booked in advance and a girl has got to eat. Unfortunately dinner was restricted to a pre-set three course menu for the (Valentine's) day. The food was surprisingly delicious, I had braced myself for rather bland fare, more so because the restaurant had perhaps only 10 couples dining that evening. I cannot complain about the food. However I can't say the same about the drinks. The mojito did not have enough rum or even mint leaves. The pre-set menu included a free drink which turned out to be tequila in orange and tree-tomato juice, not very nice at all. I am thinking of going back to have an all round experience and review Zafferano again.

1  Thank Darksister
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Nairobi restaurants usually deliver excellent food and good value for money - zafferano did not. The setting is nice but the food was bland. We were very confused when ordering off the menu and asked if we were really sure if we wanted that item because most diners that ordered it were disappointed with it. We couldn't help but wonder why it was still on the menu?! With so many excellent spots to eat in Nairobi there is no reason to go back there.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had heard of Zafferano before in good light so I convinced my wife last saturday to give it a try. When we walked in the ambience was good though the place was quite empty and it was heading to 7pm. We assumed it would fill up as the evening went so we took a balcony seat to enjoy the Westlands view. The waiter was quite helpful and proposed the chefs special that had been advertised the day before steak and a meat combo -spare ribs, chicken and steak as two meals. That worked with us so we ordered.
Everything collapsed when we took our first bite - ALL the meat had clearly overstayed and was stale. When the waiter came we requested for the manager who with great dexterity walked to the chef and appeared five minutes later to give an explanation - sadly confirming why the meat was stale! He promised to do something about it and that is indeed the last time we saw him!
Overall, good location and ambience but the food is really a disappointment. My wife and I will definitely not be going there again.

1  Thank Samwats2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

when you walk in, you think - wowe, this place has potential. then you look around, 6 diners on an evening dinner in a restaurant that can seat more than 60! first sign that things are not looking good. The starters, were not the best - oysters definitely not fresh, and no clue about the accompanying sauces. mains were beyond terrible, the lamb ragu tasted as if cooked from frozen, pasta arriabata - gave my fellow diner the worst stomach upset, it was un eatable, full of chili, the veg pizza was a plethora of raw green/red peppers - which only two slices were eaten. i could go on, but the food - not worth a return.
the waiters seem bored, they are un-attentive and really don’t smile much.
the music is shocking - covers of old classics - done really badly.
they’re are a number of areas they can improve on, in fact, the restaurant below them - is always packed, cant the management just go downstairs and have a look to ask themselves why they are failing so badly!
i remember they used to be an Italian chef - is he still around?