“Tailor made just for us”

Freddy's 4X4 Jeep Safaris & Day Trips Nairobi
Manchester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tailor made just for us”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We used Freddy's twice during our stay. Once for our safari which was amazing. Our driver took time to discover exactly what we hoped to see and then made jolly sure we ticked off everything on our wish list. We were so impressed that.we used him again for a tour of Mombassa. His knowledge base was amazing and we felt very safe. Freddy himself was in contact with us at least twice to make sure everything was going as we wanted. I would have no hesitation in recommending to others.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Jackie S

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic Kenyan safari”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Book with Freddy's Safaris. Diificult for us in UK to trust sending money abroad for deposit without abta/atol bond, I would say live dangerously and cut out the major players that rack up the price and use the same jeeps etc anyway! Go for a private jeep 3/4 max as we did. Jackson our driver was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. He had so much enthusiasm for us to see as much as possible and was always ready to go to where the lions etc were spotted. We did a full 11.5h safari in the masai mara, long day but fabulous. Didn't see Rhino we could have went to a diiferent park 45mins from to Ambroseli where more chance! We flew to NBO stayed overnight at Fairview Hotel (Old colonial!)then were met by Freddy 0730 to pay balance in cash US$ then were off. Went to Mara Sopa 2nights/ Navaisha Serena 1 night/ Tsavo West Sopa 1 night and Ambroseli Oi Tukai 1 night (not as good a lodge as others) Dropped directly at Apt for night flight back to Dubai for UK. Don't miss Masai Mara! Give Tsavo a miss as disappointing after Masai. Take plenty of small bills both US$ and KES for tips (Google the rec rates!) as everyone depends on them to make up poor wages. Be prepared for lots travelling. 1200 miles during our trip! Pay the extra and have the private jeep, the vans are toyota hi ace! Jeep can get to rough tracks vans can't!During the long travel between parks the small number of people in jeep means more space to stretch out. Once again can't praise Jackson our driver enough! He knows loads of people and we had a great laugh exchanging the cultural difference of our two countries. Be prepared to see the poverty at the roadside! Barter for souvenirs they say 13000 KES you say 1000! Think would you would be prepared to pay, not happy walk! Roadside toilets vary!! Take T Roll, handwipes alcohol gel etc!! Don't forget Diahorrea tabs! Be prepared for injection and Malaria tabs expense before you go. (Malarone cheap at superdrug!!) A thoroughly brilliant holiday, we were knackered for days after returning!! Thanks Freddy!! You are thoroughly recommended!!

Visited October 2011
4 Thank PWG99
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent, well-planned safari!"”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I'm a 23 year old student who went to Kenya for a volunteer trip. I really wanted to explore Kenya while I was there and see/do as much as I could, and Freddy helped to make that possible. I e-mailed many tour companies (20+) and suggested my ideal itinerary considering the limited time that I had. Many tour companies told me that what I wanted would not be possible due to time constraints, while others quoted extremely expensive prices. However, Freddy was highly accommodating to my specific requests.

Basically, we did a two day, one night Masai Mara Safari, returned to Nairobi, and then did a full day trip to the coast of Mombassa (Wasini Island and Kisite Marine Park)

Masai Mara - We did two days, getting a total of about 8 hours game drive. I was extremely worried because many people told me two days was rushed, and that I would not be able to see enough. We were able to see lots of wildlife and the vastness of Masai Mara was incredible! We saw many hippos, but mostly covered in water or at a distance. We saw lions, ostrich, giraffes, buffalo, antelope, elephants, cubs, zebra, wildabeest and probably a bit more. I was completely amazed at what we got to see within just two days (our driver was excellent!)

OVERNIGHT - stayed at Kimana Tented Camp, which was extremely clean and comfortable. We did not have hot water in our rooms as we expected, but this was not a problem for us. Food was basic and perfectly enjoyable. We were able to leave our cameras and cell phones in the lobby/bar area with staff to be charged without being concerned of theft.

Mombassa - Freddy organized for us a private dhow + guide. We saw many dolphins, enjoyed fun snorkeling, and an excellent lunch. Transportation to/from Nairobi/Mombassa was on a Modern Coach Bus, First Class (Booked by freddy). Do specify first class as seats are extremely comfortable. Took the overnight bus and slept all night, didn't miss my bed one bit!

Payment - Freddy request a deposit be sent via Western Union. We were scared about this but saw that this is required of most operators. Also, he sent us e-mails from previous clients to help us feel comfortable with the payment aspect. He met us personally in Nairobi to collect the rest of payment.

Overall, our trip was excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending Freddy Safaris!

Visited August 2011