“What an experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

First time I took the tour was in February 2011. I was invited to do a tour of The Kibera with Freddy Otieno Omondi. What a fantastic experience!!! If you're ever in the neighbourhood I would highly recomend this (don't go if it rains or has just rained though!). The tour takes about 3 hours and starts at 10:00AM or 2:00PM and will cost you KES 2.500,00. The money is split between the projects you visit during the tour and ends at Freddy's mom's house in the Kibera, where you'll get a refreshing soft frink and can ask any questions you might have. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly & happy people I have met during this tour & whenever I am in the Nairobi area, I try to visit.

Visited June 2011