New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of China Plate

China Plate
Ranked #327 of 474 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Just up Valley Rd from the Pan Afric hotel - there is also another one in Nairobi, but I have not been to that one.
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“Wowed during my Birthday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

one of those birthdays where the surprise dinner turns Chinese. been here a couple of time s and their food is always fascinating. i however "always" go for the mild options. China plate is among the busiest restaurants in town and going at it early to secure a seat is highly recommended. the one in wetlands sounds like was underran and in this case am recommending the one in community along ralph bunche road. Traffic jam can be an issue on that side of town during the week!

Visited August 2012

“GOOD CHINESE FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have known this restaurant for a very long time and this is the place I usually choose for business luncheons and take aways for my family. The reception and service by the waiters is very good which is one thing I am always very particular about. Spacious seating and cleanliness is another plus for them. When it comes to the food, it is just perfect. Their deep fried prawns are to die for and the varities of dishes leaves you spoilt for choice. All I can say is that I have never been disappointed all the times I have been there. It is a must vist for anyone wanting to sample Chinese cuisine and they even ask you if you want them to pack for you left overs if they are substancial. I recommend it for any business luncheion or just for a lovely meal with friends or family

Nairobi, Kenya
“Pretty GOOD Chines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I knew this restaurant about 2 years ago, because it was on the way to my apartment. Anyway, the restarurant is located on the first floor of office building. It is quite spacious and quiet atomosphere and very authentic Chinese retaurant. Food is quite tasty and good. Especially, prawns are very good when I went there. It is recommendable for any occasion. Especially with business use.

Nairobi
“Good Indo chinese restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well ya Indo Chinese is a term which ws first coined in Calcutta by a Chinese migrant (A lot of chinese live and trade in Calcutta since decades). The rastaurant is usually full and book a place in advance but for me it was an okay experience. I guess a lot of people may like it though.

Visited December 2012
Nairobi
“Food Poisoning March 2nd 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Sad to report that my dinner date and i have experienced severe food poisioning after having dinner there last night.My date did notice that the beef did look quite right,there was something 'off' about it.My date was not too lucky as by the time we were leaving he was already experiencing discomfort which turned out to be food poisioning when we got home. I suffered the same today and it was not a pleasant experience at all.Having eaten there before and enjoyed my meals,i must say that this was probably a one-ff experience,but i won't be going back there soon :(
I'd also prefer a hot towel or the hot bowl of water with lemon instead of the wipes they bring to the table.

• 1 of 5 stars