“Pretty GOOD Chines”

China Plate
Ranked #341 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Just up Valley Rd from the Pan Afric hotel - there is also another one in Nairobi, but I have not been to that one.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I knew this restaurant about 2 years ago, because it was on the way to my apartment. Anyway, the restarurant is located on the first floor of office building. It is quite spacious and quiet atomosphere and very authentic Chinese retaurant. Food is quite tasty and good. Especially, prawns are very good when I went there. It is recommendable for any occasion. Especially with business use.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well ya Indo Chinese is a term which ws first coined in Calcutta by a Chinese migrant (A lot of chinese live and trade in Calcutta since decades). The rastaurant is usually full and book a place in advance but for me it was an okay experience. I guess a lot of people may like it though.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Sad to report that my dinner date and i have experienced severe food poisioning after having dinner there last night.My date did notice that the beef did look quite right,there was something 'off' about it.My date was not too lucky as by the time we were leaving he was already experiencing discomfort which turned out to be food poisioning when we got home. I suffered the same today and it was not a pleasant experience at all.Having eaten there before and enjoyed my meals,i must say that this was probably a one-ff experience,but i won't be going back there soon :(
I'd also prefer a hot towel or the hot bowl of water with lemon instead of the wipes they bring to the table.

1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have never been disappointed with this place. The chicken wings are out of this world. Food is great too. Juices are too sweet though.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

china plate is a memorable hotel on valley road-so close to the city-they serve large enough portions, which is what i liked about them plus the food is totally worth it. i had bang bang noodles. just because i thought the name was fun and sachewan chicken or something like that . i recommend it for a date