WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #39 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
Gex, France
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Red Court, now rebranded as Boma Inn, in Nairobi, twice, both times on business. Everything about the hotel is great, cleanliness, the food, the sorroundings and distance from the airport, but what I would really look to put on record here is the friendliness of the staff. These people really know how to sell by being kind and attentive to every detail. The personal attention you receive, would make you think you are the only guest in the hotel. I had a problem while processing my payment, not the fault of the hotel, and the Front Manager took my case like as though his life depended on it! I would highly recommend this hotel, to anyone travelling to Nairobi for business or leisure...and should you wish to relax with a good deep tissue massage, ask for hot stone massage with Maria....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mushki94
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Mushki,

Greetings from Red Court Hotel.

Thank you for choosing once again Red Court as your hotel during your recent visit to Nairobi. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

I appreciate your comment on our services, cleanliness, food and especially the service you received from my colleagues and the Front Office Manager. I have passed your compliments to our team as this will go a long way in improving our service delivery.

Your recommendation of Red Court as your hotel of choice is indeed appreciated and I assure you of our continued promise to make your subsequent stays with us memorable.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotels | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 (cell) +254 719 050 000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at the Red Court for 2 weeks during a business trip to Kenya.

The rooms are well maintained and the staff is friendly.

The Hotel is owned and operated by the Red Cross.

I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time off your schedule to share your reviews about our hotel.

We are glad to have hosted you for the two weeks you were in Nairobi and even more glad that our services met your expectations.

We are happy to be fully owned and managed by the Kenya Red Cross Society whose main mission is to alleviate human suffering.

We look forward to offering our best services to all our guests whose contribution goes into the works of the society.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotel | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 /604528 | (cell) +254 719 050 000
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My 4:30 am flight was cancelled from Nairobi to Cairo and airport personnel were unable to help find an alternative. I used the hotel board at the Nairobi Airport and lucked out big time by selecting the Red Court. The head of guest services, Angelina, was able to get me in touch with a reputable travel agent who found a flight that made my connection back to the United States. She was extremely efficient, courteous, and prompt. The hotel is lovely in a gated compound with a bank. It is about 20 minutes from Nairobi Airport - definitely one of the closest hotels. As a bonus the Boma, part of the property, donates all profits to the Kenya Red Cross. There is also a great, bird-filled garden between the two buildings. Buffet breakfast was included in the rate and there is a $15 transport to the airport in a private car. If you ever get stuck in Nairobi, go to Red Court or the Boma and see Angelina!

Room Tip: Face the garden!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank StrandedNairobi
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Madam,

Greetings from Red Court Hotel, Nairobi!!!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience about the Red Court on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to have hosted you while stranded in Nairobi and more glad that one of our executives, Angeline managed to assist you fully. As a team, we value our guests and we all try our level best to assist our guests.

I have passed your remarks to Angeline who has made us proud and look forward to hosting you again while in Nairobi.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | Red Court Hotel | P.O. Box 26601-00100
+254 20 3904000 /604528 | : (cell) +254 728 606 476/8/734 973 512/3 |
Oak Park, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed 11 nights while on volunteer assignment. My host NGO obtained a reasonable rate for bed and breakfast. I took all dinners there because there is not much else around the location in an industrial area of Nairobi. Each meal has a buffet, which I did not use because it seemed way too much food and was expensive (2050 Ksh, about $24). The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is solicitous. There is a health club, which I did not use. The food tasted OK, but to me, at least, was often disappointing, especially the hamburger I tried. It was oddly seasoned. My room was noisy early, but I adapted.

Room Tip: I think higher floors might be quieter; a day room we took on the 4th floor seemed nicer than the on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Immediately upon arrival, we were told that we didn't have a reservation after having pre-paid via Hotels.com. Then when I produced a receipt, they acknowledged the reservation but said it was a rate for 1 person. Then after producing an online receipt that included it was for 2 people, they finally stopped trying to swindle us. The accommodations were very over priced for the room provided, and there was quite a bit of noise that evening.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nairobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed at Red Court for 2 weeks.It was a great stay... the staff and management are very pleasant and courteous and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Helmsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed 2 nights - I didn't book it myself but thought the rack rate a lot - I gather we paid very much less, as you can if you take care. But the staff were enormously helpful - trying to sort our airline check-in for us when the airline system was down, producing coffee and light breakfast at 4.30 a.m. and always ready with chat and help. They are opening a posher part over the road and rebranding soon, but I'm told the pool and facilities of the posh end will be available to all guests. Watch out for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Damian B
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Mr. Damian,

Thank you for the very encouraging remarks on the services offered at the Red Court Hotel. We endeavor to offer top notch services to all our guests and make Red Court their second home while in Nairobi.

I will definately share your feedback to the entire team.

We are opening a five star hotel next to the Red Court hotel in the next month. The new hotel, 'The Boma' will have 148 spacious rooms consisting of a state of the art health club facilities, an executive lounge with an excellent view of the Nairobi National Park, Complimentary Wireless Internet, a heated swimming pool and five Food & Beverage outlets which serve various cuisines from African, Oriental and International cuisines.

We look forward to hosting you in your future visit to Nairobi and you are most welcomed to savour the services of The Boma.

Best Regards,