“Good for stopovers and if you're planning to go to Carnivore”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nairobi
Jupiter Guest Resort Langata
Ranked #92 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
London
“Good for stopovers and if you're planning to go to Carnivore”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Within walking distance to Carnivore restaurant - but don't walk when it's dark, might be too dangerous. Staff, especially reception and their manager, were very helpful. Restaurant breakfast was good - but dinners took almost two hours to be served, and they were out of the Western based dishes - their African dishes were slightly faster. Good value for money, if you want something affordable - wifi access was great one the first visit but patchy on the second.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the car yard - they start banging from early hours
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lillestrom, Norway
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The first time I was there good experience, excellent wi-fi. Very pleasant staff all over. Good food all over also breakfast was good. Second time was there it took 2 hours to get a meal in the restaurant. The dinner never came so we left the Jupiter. Was stopped at gate by security for unpaid bill at restaurant. After a lot of argument they finally let us out. I will not go back there ever.

Room Tip: If you go get an executive room it is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom A
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I personally haven't spent the night there but I paid for my clients & even helped them check-in. From the day I paid for the room I appreciated the good quality customer service & as I checked them in I think they have a great customer relations manager. They're great for those on budget travel. They also have a great restaurant & pub.

Room Tip: Its important to see how each room looks like before paying for it so that you're not disappoint...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff especially the guards.
Safe considering forgot my cologne in the room and called later, and was told to pass by and collect it.
Very rare happening in most hotels.
Shower was broken but was fixed in. A few minutes.

• Stayed May 2013
Nairobi
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying in JGR whenever I'm in Nairobi. I find it safe, clean, and located in a very convenient area (a 2 minute walk to catch a matatu, Uchumi is a 3 minute walk, Carnivore is a 10 minute walk away, Nairobi National Park is a 10 minute matatu ride away). The kind manager has on many occasions been of significant help and it's made me feel very comfortable and safe staying there. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. As I've said, security is utmost important to me, especially in Nairobi, and this place fulfills that need!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank reviewerNairobi
Philly, PA
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Bar/Restaurant - food availability is limited. Ordered 3 items non was available and ended up eating pizza which had too much cheese. I did not try the free bfast. The bar is well stocked with good service.
Reception
Manned 24 hours with friendly and helpful staff.
Location
Area surrounding hotel is not eye catching but close to great bars/clubs like pays,rafikiz, carnivore etc and uchumi hyper shopping center and t mall.
Rooms
Basic. If a couple I recommend the deluxe $50. Std room is very small. Hot water may be an issue. The first rm I had was ok but when I upgraded to delux the water was lukewarm. The hotel does not use water heaters so depending on the condition of the element on the shower head the degree of heat may vary. Room is however clean and so is the toilet shower area.
Security
Hotel is secured by a wall and electric fence. Cameras are also installed throughout the property. We walked to psys and rafikiz bars at night without a problem.
Overall its good value for money but if planning a long stay and can afford to pay more you may want to do so based solely on comfort.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank yafricans
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Jupiter Guest Resort. I was allowed to check in early, the room was clean and comfortable, and the business center was incredibly handy since I didn't have my laptop with. I came in hoping to get on a Mt Kenya tour the next day. The manager, Gertrude, helped me call multiple tour companies and spent nearly 4 hours helping me arrange a trip that left the next day. I cannot say enough about her incredible service!! The security guard walked with me to the nearby ATM and supermarket. This hotel is an excellent value and has incredible service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo