Jupiter Guest Resort Langata
Priceline
$308
$260
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff especially the guards.
Safe considering forgot my cologne in the room and called later, and was told to pass by and collect it.
Very rare happening in most hotels.
Shower was broken but was fixed in. A few minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying in JGR whenever I'm in Nairobi. I find it safe, clean, and located in a very convenient area (a 2 minute walk to catch a matatu, Uchumi is a 3 minute walk, Carnivore is a 10 minute walk away, Nairobi National Park is a 10 minute matatu ride away). The kind manager has on many occasions been of significant help and it's made me feel very comfortable and safe staying there. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. As I've said, security is utmost important to me, especially in Nairobi, and this place fulfills that need!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank reviewerNairobi
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Bar/Restaurant - food availability is limited. Ordered 3 items non was available and ended up eating pizza which had too much cheese. I did not try the free bfast. The bar is well stocked with good service.
Reception
Manned 24 hours with friendly and helpful staff.
Location
Area surrounding hotel is not eye catching but close to great bars/clubs like pays,rafikiz, carnivore etc and uchumi hyper shopping center and t mall.
Rooms
Basic. If a couple I recommend the deluxe $50. Std room is very small. Hot water may be an issue. The first rm I had was ok but when I upgraded to delux the water was lukewarm. The hotel does not use water heaters so depending on the condition of the element on the shower head the degree of heat may vary. Room is however clean and so is the toilet shower area.
Security
Hotel is secured by a wall and electric fence. Cameras are also installed throughout the property. We walked to psys and rafikiz bars at night without a problem.
Overall its good value for money but if planning a long stay and can afford to pay more you may want to do so based solely on comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank yafricans
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Jupiter Guest Resort. I was allowed to check in early, the room was clean and comfortable, and the business center was incredibly handy since I didn't have my laptop with. I came in hoping to get on a Mt Kenya tour the next day. The manager, Gertrude, helped me call multiple tour companies and spent nearly 4 hours helping me arrange a trip that left the next day. I cannot say enough about her incredible service!! The security guard walked with me to the nearby ATM and supermarket. This hotel is an excellent value and has incredible service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AinATL
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at JGR for 2 weeks in March for business at the US embassy. The rooms are fairly clean, very small bathrooms, and nice, airy layout. The facility seems very secure with guards on duty and an intimidating fence. The location is decent with an ATM a 5 minute walk away and a supermarket not much farther. It was somewhat far from the heart of Nairobi, though, taking us an hour to get there one way.

The restaurant food was good, better than expected, and breakfast was always more than enough food (bacon or sausage, eggs, toast, as well as fruit, sometimes cereal, and juices and teas). However, the menu can become very boring for a long stay as several dishes are quite similar. Most upsetting, my husband got food poisoning from the restaurant one night and spent the evening being sick in the bathroom. I immediately went to request a new room due to the smell and mess, and was told I would have to wait until 8AM (it was around 1AM at the time). This meant we had to endure 7 hours of a very unpleasant stench and also be unable to use the bathroom. In the morning, the manager apologized extensively and we were moved to a new room. She didn't give us a free room, which was rather disappointing, but she offered free room service for the rest of our stay and a free breakfast the next day (because obviously you want to go back and eat at the same place that gave you food poisoning). Because of this, I would advise being careful about any meat you order at the restaurant.

The walls are a bit thin, and you can easily hear other people having "relations" in rooms nearby. There are many people who come in the evening and get drunk at the bar, but I only encountered one person who was particularly obnoxious. The wifi is good and each room is equipped with a nicely sized TV in addition to the bed (and desk, depending on the room you get). They provided a fan when requested and also had a small offering of toiletries at the front desk, as well as sim and top up cards for your mobile device. The taxi driver they provide is friendly, but he does overcharge. The rest of the staff was mostly nice, especially the main chef.

Ultimately, we would probably stay here again if we ever had to return to Nairobi due to the level of security offered. It is definitely a good value for the money, I just wish we had received better service given what occurred.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business