“Great service and homely atmosphere but seedy location and cheap ambience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nairobi
Jupiter Guest Resort Langata
Ranked #92 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
karachi
“Great service and homely atmosphere but seedy location and cheap ambience”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

the hotel faces the slums of Nairobi. Staff is extremely nice but rooms are infested with mosquito and no fan or air conditioner. Gets very stuffy. Our room was extremely small and not good value for money. The good thing was we were very close to Nairobi park.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank pakistanitraveller
Jupiter00, Manager at Jupiter Guest Resort Langata, responded to this review, September 3, 2011
As the management of Jupiter Guest Resort Langata we would beg to differ with the raised reviews as follows:-

The room in question is meant for 2 occupants but the client insisted on being accommodated as 3 occupants in the room hence the claim that the room was small as an extra bed was fitted to accommodate the 3 Pax.

In the course of the 3 nights spent with us we regret the fact that there were mosquitoes in the room. In event such a complain arose a client is supposed to get in touch with our staff one on one and are on duty 24 Hrs or through the telephone extensions provided in every room to the front office.

We highly regret that you feel the room was not good value for your money but beg to differ since per as your negations you were not willing to occupy 2 rooms as you did not want to pay more. We feel sad about your review as the staff went out of their way to meet your requests.

As per our location our clients are comfortable for its convenience as the other reviews state and we are sorry that the view offended you.

The Management

Jupiter Guest Resort Langata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Utrecht
Reviewed July 28, 2011

After four weeks Africa at the end Nairobi. Searching for a questhouse there because of de price we found Jupiter Resort to be the best Hotel for a Questhouse price. All the employees were kind, helpful and humoristic. They loved doing there job. Clean rooms, everyday new towels etc. Breakfest and super, price normal.
Not far from the airport, and close to a shopping centre.
Wifi worked well, powerfailure no problem because of a generator.
We'll go again. Mum, Dad and two youngsters from 16 and 23.
Nights quiet except of the dogs, no swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at this new and clean hotel, and even returned to visit on another occasion. The staff and managers are wonderful and willing to help with any problem. I often told the front desk what I wanted to do that day and they arranged for it to make it happen! The food in the restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced, and the rooms come with modern-day conveneinces. The restaurant has a nice outdoor bar area to meet with friends or work colleagues. I felt completely safe during my stays and even used the hotel's personal shuttle van on many occasions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a relatively new hotel, and I found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. A full breakfast is included with the price of the room. The staff were friendly and helpful, and made me feel right at home. I prearranged to have their shuttle meet me at the airport, which made my arrival much easier. During my stay, the Operations Manager, Gertrude Mutisya, helped me with transportation and with locating the services I needed to get my student and me ready for our research project. The restaurant offered vegetarian and non-veg options, and the chef did an excellent job of preparing them. All in all, a really nice experience - I'll be back whenever I'm in Nairobi.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business