“Good food and good selection of wines” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wines of the World Wine Shop and Bar – The Wine Experts
Ranked #327 of 535 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - best newcomer of the year. A unique wine bar concept compromising of a wine shop, a tasting room as well as a wine bar and lounge offering over 300 references. Wines from around the world starting from just KSH 800 ($10), over 30 malt whiskies and many other international spirits. Bitings and delicatessen to accompany your drinks and over 80 wines and champagnes by the glass starting from just KSH 350 ($4). Wizards, the tasting room accommodations comfortably up to 16 people for private events or conference.
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food and good selection of wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

A nice spot for lunch or dinner. Food was well prepared, and service attentive. The only problem was that we had trouble picking wines that were actually in stock--a number of the choices on the wine list were unavailable. Our server came up with a good solution--brought us several wines similar to our out of stock selection, and after a taste of each, we were able to settle on a good alternative.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank OnetwentyOTR

• Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
“Taking Wine appreciation in Kenya to a new level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place unwind and relax. Without doubt, this place has the largest variety of wines on offer and the staff know their products!! For those who want to discover their wine preferences, you must try the wine samplers and let the staff guide you through the tastings. I highly recommend this place!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wgithegi
Nairobi
“Excellent food and best wine selection in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've only ever had great meals at the wine bar, especially their steaks. The wine selection by the glass is the best in Nairobi, and it's also a great place to go buy bottles to take home. The staff is always friendly and attentive. The only down side is the location, but other than that I only have praise for this bar/restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

4 Thank AMSR
WWWShopandBar, Owner at Wines of the World Wine Shop and Bar – The Wine Experts, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear AMSR,
Nice to hear from you and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The team at WWW Shop and Bar is delighted to hear that you enjoy our service and offering. Try also our burgers, these are really great!
See you soon at WWW
Best regards
Philippe
Nairobi, Kenya
“Disappointing Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked and paid for a wine tasting class at wine bar for 24th August 2013. On the day of the wine tasting, I was late but when I got to the class i was told that it had been cancelled because the sommelier was out of town. The shop had my mobile number but did not bother to call me (or a friend who had also booked the class) to let me know that the class was cancelled.

I asked for a refund and they said that I should attend the repeat class the following weekend (they were reluctant to give a refund). I declined their offer and they eventually said that they would refund my money. As I had paid by debit card, I was told I could not get a cash refund and that I would have to wait for them to confirm that the funds had cleared in their account and then they would write me a cheque for the refund. They even offered to have the cheque delivered to my office. I have had to call them almost every two days to ask when my cheque will be ready. I was told it would be ready and delivered to my office today, but it was not and no one called to inform me.

I liked this bar, but after the fiasco with this wine class and poor customer service, I will not attend their wine tasting again. This experience has also clouded my previous appreciation of the place and I don't think I will go back anytime soon.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank kerubo
“Lovely wine bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The wine list here is staggering. Although the location is wanting, the place is cozy and inviting. I always enjoy the wine tastings offered here.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank AfroNomad
Dear Afronomad,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to see that you enjoy our set up as well as our regular wine tastings! looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Best regards