“Difficult - Food poisoning during my last visit.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Wines of the World Wine Shop and Bar – The Wine Experts
Ranked #326 of 534 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - best newcomer of the year. A unique wine bar concept compromising of a wine shop, a tasting room as well as a wine bar and lounge offering over 300 references. Wines from around the world starting from just KSH 800 ($10), over 30 malt whiskies and many other international spirits. Bitings and delicatessen to accompany your drinks and over 80 wines and champagnes by the glass starting from just KSH 350 ($4). Wizards, the tasting room accommodations comfortably up to 16 people for private events or conference.
Nairobi
“Difficult - Food poisoning during my last visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I generally enjoy the Wine Bar for wine, whiskey, champagne food and drink pairings. I have really enjoyed the whiskey tastings in the past. Unfortunately, I was horribly ill after the recent champagne food and drink pairing.

I relayed the same feedback to the restaurant, with no response.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lisa A
philippecauviere, Owner at Wines of the World Wine Shop and Bar – The Wine Experts, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Lisa,

First of all, I would like to thank you for attending our Champagne tasting on 8th February though I was sad and concerned to hear that you were unwell following this event.

Following our conversation, I have received your email regarding this issue for the first time on 27th February. It seems that we had an issue with our main email address.

As mentioned, we had 16 people during that event. Food for these event is freshly prepared and cooked as a single batch, therefore if there was any issues, it would have affected most or all attendees. The food is also served at one go therefore once again reducing risks.

Following your comments, Miriam, Outlet Manager, and myself have contacted most of the attendees , and so far none have reported any discomfort following our tasting on 8th February.

At WWW shop and Bar, we pay great attention to our process as well as storage and selection of product and in over 20 months of operation never had any complains of food poisoning.

As you also probably know, we all tend to focus on the last meal when such issues arise, though one need to remember that the cause of such discomfort can be traced up to 72 hours before the last meal. It is also of the utmost importance that such incident are immediately reported to the restaurant or food outlet so that we can take immediate action to check and review any food which might have been involved. In your case, the tasting being on 8th February and the information only reaching us on the 27th makes it extremely difficult to do any further investigation or eventually any food tests.

I have sent you a personal note to your email address regarding this incident.

I thank you once again for contacting us regarding this issue, though in this case, I highly doubt that the food served on the champagne tasting on 8th February could have been the cause of your discomfort.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards

Philippe

• Polish first
Nairobi, Kenya
“Wine and Dine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am not big on wine so I cannot say much about that, but I went with wine experts and they were impressed with the selection and variety. What I can add is that the steaks are good and they have some good cocktails for those who, like me, are not into wines.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank NicoleBanks
philippecauviere, Manager at Wines of the World Wine Shop and Bar – The Wine Experts, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Nicole, thank you so much for your review and see you soon again.! Miriam
Snekkersten
“This is my favorite hangout in Nairobi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

All staff from kitchen to Management do an excellent job to make you feel comfortable and Phillipe (owner) is present and aware of your every need ;-)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank 266Bluesky
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best thing to ever happen to the Junction mall.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very relaxing place with a wide variety of wine and believe it or not very nice coffee too. i fell in love with their cheese variety...so after a crazy shopping spree you can just pop in at the wine bar and relax!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank paula k
Nairobi
“Great Food,Wine and Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Was there with my husband for my birthday.Enjoyed the whole mea from starter to dessert and our sparkling wine.The lamb chops and steak which we both had were great.We were only dissapointed with the fries which we let Philippe,the owner know.
Been there several times in the past and never been dissapointed,whether it is for salads,cold cuts and platters or drinks with friends.
I would certainly recommend them....

• Visited October 2012