“Frankly Speaking "Speak to Lead!" Workshop 20-21 Sept 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Westlands

PrideInn Hotel Westlands
Ranked #127 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Frankly Speaking "Speak to Lead!" Workshop 20-21 Sept 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Pride Inn Conferencing facility, combined with the excellent service from Nishma, Leah and Muntazil made for a very rich experience for us and our clients.

While there are minor parking challenges (which are soon sorted out by very courteous staff), this venue is excellent value for money.

We would recommend that anyone who is thinking of holding a seminar, workshop or meeting seriously considers Pride Inn as a venue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Larrykinn2002, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Westlands, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you so much for being frank with us, we hope to host you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newdelhi india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had read some bad reviews of this Hotel & was a little apprehensive about booking my stay here for 5 days for my first trip to Nairobi.Apart for a couple of negative points which i will enumerate later,at the end of my stay i could nothing but compliment the staff for making my stay a very pleasant one with exemplary service all the time.

After staying at another Guest house for a week,i personally approached the Hotel for further bookings.A pleasant & efficient lady at the reception, Namisha Patel confirmed my booking for the last 4 days of my stay except the first day.She did not want any advance money but i paid for one day to be sure.Unlike other hotels, the reception did not once ask me for any advance money even after i had stayed there for a couple of days & i had to literally force them to take the money many times at least in stages.. Namisha was true to her word & briefed Mercy who relieved her on duty, who promptly informed me the next day that a room had fallen vacant.This promptness of personal service i regularly experienced from all the staff--Jecintha,Grace & Nelson.They went out of the way to provide personal service to the customers.Once I mentioned to Jecintha about the severe cough & cold i had.To my pleasant surprise she got prepared a hot local concoction made of honey,ginger,pepper & garlic; to which we in India are familiar with.This gave some comfort in the nights While Beatrice was good at the B`fast table remembering to bring my favorite Masala Diosa & Utthappam made hot & crisp!

Room service was very good with Winnie making my bed neat & clean every day & providing all the toileteries, tea & Coffee making items in abundance & in time.The towels were clean & changed everyday I was going through a couple of books & magazines as reference material for my writings,late at night i used to leave them littered on my table.But sure enough i used to be surprised to see them properly arranged on my table,thanks to her!

The food preparation & items provide was good.In the complimentary B`fast.Juices-mangoe,mint+pineapple.Other items included porridge,cornflakes,muesli,sausage,different types of eggs, masala dosa,uttappam,toast, butter, jam, milk, coffee & tea etc. all hot & promptly served.Meals had many items but i ordered my Indian fave.which were brought hot & also kept hot on a burner on the table& in sufficient quantity.Only one day there was a lapse on their part.I had invited a friend visiting me for a cup of tea in the restaurant in mid morning.The tea took a long time coming & that to cold!

The hotel does not provde for liquor which is resented by the customers but one could ask the staff to bring some beer to drink in the room.Another blemish on their part was when the reception quoted a high rate for the taxi to drop me at the airport on my departure.Their quote of 3000 KES was 1200/ more than my fave Peter cab service-(Mob. no.0720877785) who i found to be prompt,honest & reliable.The location of the Hotel is very good being situated in westlands commercial area with good restaurants-Chowpatty,Haandi & Open House ( must try this) super markets& chemists etc.Taxis are easily available.

I highly recommend this hotel for its good service & location.I will come again!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good as you dont have to climb much!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MARGDARSHI
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Westlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Margdarshi, We really appreciate your review. Nishma and the rest of the staff are very delighted for their recognition. Management has offered you a FREE NIGHT for the very lengthy and accurate review. Please accept a complementary night with your next visit to Kenya. Thank you. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Frist time staying at the Pride Inn Hotel in Westlands, Nairobi. From this experience I can say that all I received was amazing friendliness and Excellent service! I would highly recommend this Hotel for any trip to Nairobi!

Rooms, Restaurant, Food... what more can I say than excellent! With a special thanks to Nelson who always made sure that everything is fine and that I enjoy my stay!

Thanks to everyone at Pride Inn who made my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had an awesome experience at Pride Inn Hotel, Westlands on 8th August during a friend's bachelor party. First of all we were greeted so warmly when we entered. They had organized a separate room for us and the atmosphere was exemplary. The food was one of a kind, starting the starters(mouth watering chicken wings and lollipop sticks) food was more than enough and desert was on top of the world. They actually gave us a superb deal for all this. Most of the other restaurants & hotels we got were expensive and the food was not all that.

I would recommend Pride Inn hotel, Westlands anytime.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Westlands, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thanks a lot Mr. Wamalwa. We do appreciate your review. We are glad you found our services pleasant. Lawrence Kinyua, Group Training & Development Manager.
upstate NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

First, be aware that this is a Muslim run hotel, so no alcohol beverages are served. It is very dishonest of them not to mention this on the website. They will go get you beer etc but you can only drink it in your room. There is a fridge in the room but it goes off when you remove your room card so only runs when you are in the room, so you can't keep anything cold. We were told by numerous people including staff that it was too unsafe to even walk down the street to a store either. The hotel shuttle can take you places but in Nairobi traffic it takes a long time to get anywhere.

As others said, it is incredibly noisy. There are no carpets so you can here every scrape of furniture from every other room in addition to the street noise, and when housekeeping starts dragging things down the hall in the morning forget sleeping. Neither my colleague's nor my heat or A/C worked, despite repeated requests (and it was down to the 50s at night). After going back and forth trying to follow the signs to the "business center" I discovered that it is - the front desk. They will print something for you from a USB but don't expect a computer to use. The room was clean, though many things broken and glued back together.

Dinner was ok (no drinks!) except the menu is mostly Indian. Breakfast was awful, dried out sausages, baked beans, garlic spinach and week-old breads. Every. day.

The only saving grace is the staff, who were pleasant and tried their best, but they are dealing with insurmountable problems!
It won't be the end of the world if you have to stay here for a couple of days for business but if you are on vacation or have a long stay you will be very unhappy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tmfulton
We do appreciate your review. It is true our facility has limitation on alcohol consumption, but not necessary because it is a Muslim owned facility. It is a business concept that is meant to appreciate and accommodate even those that do not take alcohol. We acknowledge your concern about the fridge in the room with reference to door card control. The facility manager is work on a way to separate the connections to ensure that the fridge will remain on even without the cards.

I would like to assure you that PrideInn Westlands is in one of the most secure part of the town. Our guests in most cases walk to the nearby malls and shopping centres and we have not had a single incident in 3 years. Please be confident with us. However, it is advisable to notify the reception whenever you intend to leave for the mall or shopping centre. Necessary precautions and guidelines will be offered for any client who intends to visit public areas outside the Hotel.

Our business centre is currently under modification, that explains why this service is temporary shifted at the Reception. Our AC system works well in all the rooms. However I clearly understand you Concern because we had a breakdown with the control panel and this migrant have caused discomfort in you room. I sincerely get your concern with our breakfast . And henceforth, management has put a mechanism in place to ensure quality production.

Lastly, thanks a lot for appreciating our staff. We are proud of them and we try to ensure they provide the best. Lawrence Kinyua, Group Training & Development Manager.

G

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have not stayed here but have had a meal. Based on this experience, I do not see myself staying here even if it was for free.
We went for dinner with the family and chose Pride Inn hotels as our spot for the night. Worst mistake one can make. To start off, on positives, their fresh juices are good. Waiters are friendly and willing to listen and also make suggestions. The place is well done up and good ambience no doubt.
However, the biggest shocker comes when you actually do order food - for starters we had chilly corn, cashew nuts tossed with pepper, veg gold coin, mushroom special and chilly paneer. All these were downright tasteless.Every bite you took did not invite you to indulge further but raised your caution level. I have never eaten such tasteless food. We had to do our own mixes with their chutneys, sauces and pickles to get some sort of taste. Their food is Not cooked well and not worth the money. For what they are charging, they are exlusively expensive and do not provide value for money. Their milkshake was one of thinnest I have seen and you are better off purchasing flavored milk from the supermarket than having this.
After the above order, we did not want to take any chances with other meals and bolted to another restaurant round the corner, where we finally ate human dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aryan M
Larrykinn2002, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Westlands, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Aryan, Thank you so much for your review and letting us know about your dissatisfaction partly with our meals served. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Prideinn is rated highly in our Restaurant Service Delivery with A Multi-cuisine menu. However, we do acknowledge your opinion and as a matter of fact, we are reviewing our Kitchen Operations to ensure we maintain and improve our rating.

Apart from the Starters, We understand that the main course was served, which included Chicken Tikka Masala, Pineapple Fried Rice, Yellow Dhal, Malai Kofta and Grilled Steak. It is our hope that at least you found the main course acceptable.

Once more we do appreciate your review and urge you to regain trust in us. I promise you will not be disappointed. Lawrence G. Kinyua, Group Training & Development Manager
Malmo, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed three nights in this hotel and was happy when i could check out.

Lets starts with the positives:
- Location
- free WIFI

Now the negatives:
- No reservation upon arrival despite having a reservation confirmation
- Key card machine broken, always needed someone to escort you to the room, which caused a lot of waiting and nerves
- Reception staff was not caring at all, not happy to be of service and relly not motivated
- Bathroom was not cleaned at all, toilet was running, bathrooms looks dirty and make you feel not to spend a minute in there
- Bedroom was of old interior, poor cleaning (dirty bedsheets, sugar in table) and week maintainance
- Did not feel safe to leave something in the save. The save was fixed with two tiny screws and could be carried away without a problem
- Breakfast very basic, outside, not work spoilingh the start of your day with that
- Very loud all the time, in the room you hear 24/7 at least one of the following: construction nioce, your neighbors, people on the corridor, staff dropping things, staff shouting and arguing, street noice, terrible, no way to sleep at all
- Poor security. Reception staff will issue u a key to any room. No safety measures in place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sven A
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Westlands, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Sven A.

Thank you for taking time to review our facility and services.

We are glad you found our location ideal and the FREE WIFI effective.

We acknowledge the challenges you encountered with our reservation and the room Automated Key card. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience. We also would like to assure you that, it was unfortunate and one of a kind situation which came up due to the process the IT Department was carrying out of upgrading the softwares and at that particular period, the room key encoder was temporary disabled, making it difficult for the Front Desk to encode the keys as usual. However, so far this challenge has been addressed and we are now utilising a higher version of operating software.

We do understand your concern about our reception staff attitude housekeeping hygine as well as security concern So far, the particular staff has been guided and our in house training programmes given a priority to ensure right staff attitude. We would like to assure you our security measures are approved and we have an impressive record on client, their property and staff safety. However, your concerns are highly appreciated and the security firm has been request to carry a thorough audit to ensure all details are reconfirmed.

I would like to let you know that management as well is very concern about the the room cleanliness status as you expressed. We have invested HEAVILY on hygiene and more so on sanitation and such a situation is of utmost concern. The assurance is that supervision as been improved and after we get the fact exactly what might have been the cause of this kind of a situation, appropriate action will be take.

We definate would be glad to host you next time you visit Kenya. Your review has assisted the management in several ways and we sincerely thank you so much. MANAGEMENT

As a result of the staff restaurant renovation, we had moved our staff at a location next to the rooms, this might have caused the noise discomfort you may have experienced from the said construction and staff talking and moving things. So far this has been resolved.