“Wonderful people Great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Raphta

PrideInn Hotel Raphta
Ranked #120 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Pune
“Wonderful people Great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We chose to stay in this hotel after reading reviews on TA. And I just want to thank everyone who helped with reviews.

This hotel is about 5-6 kms away from extremely busy streets of Nairobi. Plenty of high profile residential places on the same road so cant be called secluded as well. Very peaceful place.

The breakfast they serve is just amazing and food is good too. And to my surprise the price is also economical in the restaurant.

I cant end the review without mentioning one name 'Mohammed' who attended us in restaurant for couple of days. Very polite, very courteous and he made sure our stay there was pleasant.

Even at the reception and at the main gate, staff members were good and friendly.
Next time I am going to Nairobi, I am choosing this one again for sure.

Room Tip: Couple of rooms (110 and 111) are right next to the main gate. However its a quiet road and there wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Varadj,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found our breakfast amazing and the prices economical. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very polite and courteous especially Mohamed. I have personally passed on your commendation to him. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very courteous and informative. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

General Manager Pride Inn Raphta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stop in after a safari (we had a camping safari) for the last night or two in Nairobi. Rooms were very luxurious, clean and tidy. Bed was very comfy. The staff were very friendly and there is a nice restaurant. It was in a secure compound and quiet while we were there.
It is a little way out from the main centre of Nairobi. This is fine if you just want a day to chillax at the end of a trip and a dip in the pool. The hotel do have their own car if you do want to go out and about (we used it for a transfer back to the airport).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kath_Andy
Dear Kath Andy,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found our rooms to luxurious,clean and tidy. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very friendly and the restaurant was nice. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Johannesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hi - cant find the other pride inn in Westlands rd, but it seems they are all equally useless. the a/c has one setting - hurricane, the shower water scalded me several times its so hot, the doors slam so load they wake you up, the plugs are loose, internet is weak, alcohol has to be paid separately in cash, and above all, management dont care, AT ALL. Just dont even bother complaining. They expect you to pay no matter how many times they promise to fix things. They are trying but focus on all the wrong things. Food in the restuarant was good tho.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JB_108
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here for just one night during our recent Kenya Trip during the first night. We had booked a double room, an Airport pick-up and a cab booking for our Dinner. Everything was well-arranged for us; the driver was standing at the arrivals gate with our name board, the room was ready, well decorated and stocked with tea-coffee stuff (which we badly needed after our flight & drive). The driver was very courteous and gave us a lot of information about Nairobi. We had a very sound & comfortable sleep plus the early morning breakfast was the perfect way to start a long day ahead! The Hotel ambiance is very serene, beautiful and full of greenery. It's a pity we stayed here just for a night though. I recommend this to everybody looking for accommodation in the peaceful part of Nairobi with excellent service and at a very decent price!

Room Tip: Go for the ground floor room option if you have a lot of luggage!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cheon,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found everything well arranged in our hotel. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very courteous and informative. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I will give it 2 stars because of the great staff that they have. The facility is neglected since they have another outlet in the city at Westlands.

My company organized for a training there in the month of June 2014, for 3 days and I must say the staff were very friendly, warm and very very helpful. Special mention to chef Peter who had a smile always and helpful in sampling the dishes. Their dessert is really good although it kept running our (juice) because of the number of meetings happening at the grounds.

The swimming pool was dirty throughout our stay and the whole place looks like it needs some facelift. The staff get a 5/5 but the hotel management (facilities) get a 2/5.

Room Tip: Book the hotel at offpeak season since dessert and/or juice will run out
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nairobi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Don't stay in room 124 ( very dusty/ no hot water/ toilet is backed up) or 125( too much outside noise) or eat their fish and chips( I have diarrhoea now) that's all I can say.

Stayed July 2014
Nairobi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have stayed at the pride inn Lantana and loved it. I expected the same level of service when I stayed at Pride inn Raphta. Service at the restaurant was very slow. It about half an hour for us to get our food. The waiters were helpful but not friendly.
The rooms are old and outdated. The floors are unsightly with no carpets to at least cover poor repair work. The room has no air conditioning and I was so cold I could barely sleep. I.decided to call reception for something extra to keep me warm and I was brought a stained duvet. In comparison to Pride inn Lantana I would say that Raphta is horribly neglected. It is definitely not a place I will visit again any time soon.It urgently needs refurbishment otherwise it does not reflect well on the pride inn brand.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Kimotho,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience with your room and the restaurant. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent policies and we ensure our food and beverage service procedures and standards are in place and slow service is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. Be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the issue of the slow service and i will ensure it doesn’t occur again. We have been having a few challenges for some of our room but renovations are starting in a month and actually we already have the newly renovated rooms at the front side of the hotel which were fully booked on that day. Accept my sincere apologies and I do hope the next time you come you are going to stay with us and we will have the all the rooms newly renovated. I will pass the positive feedback to Lantana.