“Perfect Stay Option in Nairobi!”

PrideInn Hotel Raphta
Ranked #121 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Vadodara, India
“Perfect Stay Option in Nairobi!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here for just one night during our recent Kenya Trip during the first night. We had booked a double room, an Airport pick-up and a cab booking for our Dinner. Everything was well-arranged for us; the driver was standing at the arrivals gate with our name board, the room was ready, well decorated and stocked with tea-coffee stuff (which we badly needed after our flight & drive). The driver was very courteous and gave us a lot of information about Nairobi. We had a very sound & comfortable sleep plus the early morning breakfast was the perfect way to start a long day ahead! The Hotel ambiance is very serene, beautiful and full of greenery. It's a pity we stayed here just for a night though. I recommend this to everybody looking for accommodation in the peaceful part of Nairobi with excellent service and at a very decent price!

Room Tip: Go for the ground floor room option if you have a lot of luggage!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Cheon,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found everything well arranged in our hotel. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very courteous and informative. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

General Manager Pride Inn Raphta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I will give it 2 stars because of the great staff that they have. The facility is neglected since they have another outlet in the city at Westlands.

My company organized for a training there in the month of June 2014, for 3 days and I must say the staff were very friendly, warm and very very helpful. Special mention to chef Peter who had a smile always and helpful in sampling the dishes. Their dessert is really good although it kept running our (juice) because of the number of meetings happening at the grounds.

The swimming pool was dirty throughout our stay and the whole place looks like it needs some facelift. The staff get a 5/5 but the hotel management (facilities) get a 2/5.

Room Tip: Book the hotel at offpeak season since dessert and/or juice will run out
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nairobi
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Don't stay in room 124 ( very dusty/ no hot water/ toilet is backed up) or 125( too much outside noise) or eat their fish and chips( I have diarrhoea now) that's all I can say.

Stayed July 2014
Nairobi
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have stayed at the pride inn Lantana and loved it. I expected the same level of service when I stayed at Pride inn Raphta. Service at the restaurant was very slow. It about half an hour for us to get our food. The waiters were helpful but not friendly.
The rooms are old and outdated. The floors are unsightly with no carpets to at least cover poor repair work. The room has no air conditioning and I was so cold I could barely sleep. I.decided to call reception for something extra to keep me warm and I was brought a stained duvet. In comparison to Pride inn Lantana I would say that Raphta is horribly neglected. It is definitely not a place I will visit again any time soon.It urgently needs refurbishment otherwise it does not reflect well on the pride inn brand.

• Stayed July 2014
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Kimotho,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience with your room and the restaurant. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent policies and we ensure our food and beverage service procedures and standards are in place and slow service is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. Be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the issue of the slow service and i will ensure it doesn’t occur again. We have been having a few challenges for some of our room but renovations are starting in a month and actually we already have the newly renovated rooms at the front side of the hotel which were fully booked on that day. Accept my sincere apologies and I do hope the next time you come you are going to stay with us and we will have the all the rooms newly renovated. I will pass the positive feedback to Lantana.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am currently staying in Pride Inn from 01 July to 01 August. I am very happy with the attitude serene and beauty of the place and staff attitude as well. However, food is very disappointing here croissants are of bad quality everyday. I will recommend friends to stay here but ask them to eat out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank prateekjaiswal
Dear Mr. Prateek,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding.Thank you for the positive feedback in regards to our staff attitude and also the serene and beauty of our hotel. I am sad to hear about your experience with our food. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent policies in ensuring our food is up to standards and we have made immediate changes to ensure the croissants are well done as this is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am glad that i met you and we were able to talk about this issue, be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn’t occur again. Once again, accept my sincere apologies and I hope you are going to have a nice stay with us for the next 3 weeks. Please feel free to contact me on john@prideinn.co.ke

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is OK hotel worth only half it's room rate.

Toilet did not flush and they sent no one to fix until next day by our leave time.

Shower hot water did not work.

They do not check the rooms for proper functioning before renting out.

Dissatisfied customer.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel make sure toilets, hot shower, lights all are working satisfactorily. Else ch...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our room was quite clean, the bed was fine but some fittings are in very bad condition. The bathroom windows are broken, which is quite unsightly and will allow insects in (although there were very few insects in May). Shower is poor. The adjacent street was noisy from 5.30am and there is a large building site nearby.

Breakfast buffet was fairly good, with sausages, eggs, fruit etc, although I had to ask for a glass, then a bowl, then milk, although they ran out of cold milk and only had hot milk!

Staff are friendly. The hotel is a gated compound so felt secure.

It wasn't too bad for a short stay but I wouldn't recommend or return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Lucy,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience and the challenges you had in your room but we confirm we have started repair works in the old wing and all those issues will be sorted. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent in ensuring our rooms are up to standards on the issue of the milk i have addressed that issue as this is definitely not in line with our brand standards.. Please accept my sincere apologies. We also appreciate you acknowledged our breakfast was good, the staff was friendly and the security was good.Be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn’t occur again.Once again, accept my sincere apologies and I do hope the next time you travel you will return to PrideInn Hotel Raphta and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you.

John Gitau
General Manager( Pride Inn Raphta)