“Comfortable and safe”

PrideInn Hotel Raphta
Ranked #81 of 167 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed ten days on business and I had a comfortable stay. The room I got was big and well furnished: A king size bed (although it was actually two beds put together under one big sheet), a settee including a coffee table and sofas , a dining table and a chair, a TV (which did not always work), a fridge, a kitchen sink and some plates/cutlery. It was almost self-catering: I say almost as there was no cooker/microwave to cook/heat food. My room was at the end, in front of the swimming pool, and the wireless internet reception was poor. The kettle was broken when I checked in but it was replaced. The shower stopped heating but it was fixed. The water pressure was decent. The restaurant served international, Indian and Chinese food. The Indian food was good. An issue was that they do not sell alcohol - but once I learned that, I bought from shops and stocked in my room - the problem solved. Breakfast is quite basic - a buffet style, instant coffee or tea bag, sweet bread, spring rolls/samosas, some stir-fried veggies/beans, and fruits. Staff cooked eggs at request. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a wedding party one night and the music did not stop until early in the morning but I slept anyway. All in all, I think it is a decent hotel and can recommend for a long stay. I felt at home and safe.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. We highly value our clients views and we found yours very special. We are glad you enjoyed the stay after all. Sorry for the Wedding, this is not very common as this is a residential set up. Am glad the Electrical Kettle was replaced on time same to the shower. Sometimes mechanical installations and equipment could fail but quick replacement works. We have also improved the breakfast from basic to English, I am sure next time you visit you will be delighted by the improvement. Currently, we are on fibre optic and the net speed is commendable. We regret the inconvenience caused but we are delighted at the end you found us convenient, safe place, good food and friendly staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

There are newer reviews for PrideInn Hotel Raphta

Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is out of the way, in a residential area of Westland, a toney area of Nairobi. I spent three nights there on a business trip, getting a killer good rate via tripadvisor and being interested by the ranking.

Good restaurant, great staff (to a person), comfortable room, strong wi-fi, and a pool (which I did not use). Quiet location, so great sleeping. Refrig in room.

There are limitations. Shower (a good one) but no bathtub. Limited TV channels. No AC or screens on windows, but they did immediately provide me a nice fan when requested. But I was out on business during the day, and there only at night, so I was very comfortable. And no booze there, but you are not far, by taxi, from excellent shopping, so no worries.

For a bit, my passport was lost, and I was looking at the prospect of having to stay three extra nights, until the US embassy opened again. But that did not seem so bad, given this place. And by the way, the staff all put on their thinking caps to help me figure out where it was lost.

On balance, I can't now imagine staying anywhere else in Nairobi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear, Mr. MarcCutright, Thanks you so much for a wonderful review, we are delighted to learn that you actually had a good moment in our facility and staff treated you right. We thank you so much for choosing us and making us your first choice in Nairobi. Good luck with the Passport. We are sure to see you soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had called in an booked a room. Spoke with Solomon who said plenty of rooms were available. Asked if he needed a deposit or if I could get a booking reference. He said, the booking is confirmed. Upon arrival, Solomon said he had never spoken to me, there was no booking in my name and that due to a corporate group there was no availability. This is at 10pm. Needed a place on Rhapta road due to nature of work. But eventually ended up at Sankara which was absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I and my partner stayed here for 2 nights after completing 3 day business trip in Nayuki. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very old but still very comfortable, restaurant service was reasonably good and the receptionists were excellent. we enjoyed the food and the breakfast was great! Most of all, Ezekiel the security manager was extremely good to us, very helpful and polite. Surely a nice place to stay in Nairobi.

Room Tip: The rooms in front are renovated and very cosy unlike the spacious ones facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Clive, We are honored to read such a review on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much. It is our hope that you will be coming back soon. I will definitely pass your regards to Ezekiel. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in this property earlier in 2011. This time last month it was a disappointment. They were reluctant to give new rooms and made us occupy the older rooms which are actually apartments with a kitchen and sitting area. The TVs belong to an era and they have no channels except a couple of sports ones... the staff are cordial however looks like a parallel management runs may be in absence of proper monitoring of management. In restaurant, the breakfast spread is nothing much and most of the times you would not find the steak you would like to order. You have much better options available hence shifted to another place after two nights stay. The rooms are very noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms which are on the right side of the entrance to the property.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Being my third time to this hotel, It has become my second home. Very warm staff, nice meals and unmatched environment. one of those places in Nairobi you can will enjoy open area with grass.
The menu has improved and the rooms given a face lift. I thank the management for considering and implementing guests concerns.

Room Tip: New deluxe rooms are modern and cosy
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We are honored to learn that you liked our facilities. Thanks a lot and we do hope to host you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua,General Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for three nights for business purposes. A good little Hotel to use for a short stay. Staff is super friendly and helpful. At some stage the assistance was overpowering!
Food selection amazing and the variety was excellent.
I really enjoyed my stay here and can recommend it!
View from my room not so good, but I did not spend so much time there!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business