PrideInn Hotel Raphta
Tribe Hotel(Nairobi)
$196
$176
Palacina Residence & Suites(Nairobi)
$187
Eka Hotel Nairobi(Nairobi)
$159
$123
Agoda.com
All reviewschef harrymanager mrserene environmentrestaurant serviceindian dishessecond homespecial thanksfront officeenjoyed my stayconference roomrooms are cleanroom servicebusiness tripswimming poolshort stayhome away from homewestlands
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I initially wanted to stay six days at PrideInn on Raphta Road but only managed to stay three days before I had to find an alternative. Supposedly I was given their best suite but some things really didn't work out for me. Because I travel for business reliable Internet is very important. The whole three days I was there I couldn't get a proper connection. The wireless connection was simply not good enough to reach the suite. Secondly there was so much noise from the hotel staff around my suite from 6.30am till 11pm. When power would go off a generator located next to my room went off in full effect. For two days the generator was on till 2am in the morning making it impossible to sleep. Lastly the service in the restaurant and at breakfast was so bad that one felt like a bother asking for basic things. At one point I had dinner and the waitress threw the receipt on the table after the main meal. I asked if I could have dessert and the answer was "eh, you want dessert??" I decided not to on that occasion.

Basically it felt like a place made for the staff rather than the guests. I will not go back to the hotel when I return.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Big-Al-dk
Eugen T, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. Ever since you arrived we made huge improvements. Our internet connection now can be accessed in all our hotel rooms with very strong signal and very fast speeds. During the period you were around we had renovations going on at the hotel and now they are complete. We invite you to visit our hotel once again and note this improvements. We will give you a good discount to cushion you against the service you got during your first stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

A good hotel in Nairobi with a smiling staff and good service. They have a restaurant that serves Indian, Chinese and continental dishes. We tried the food and it was ok. However they do not serve any alcohol at the restaurant.

The rooms are ok, and they have some internations channels. Internet is also working. The swimming pool is very small.

Breakfast was very limited and even cold the last days, but the other days we had it in the rooms and it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anders O

Dear Anders,

Many thanks for the positive remarks. However we apologize for the cold breakfast during your last days. We invite you to visit our hotel once again as we assure you of top quality service we hope to host you when you come back.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Not to bad a hotel, you pay for what you get, secure hotel,centrally located ,rooms need refurbished and hotel situated in Indian district in Nairobi

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank socoBelfast

Thank you for the positive reviews. We have made massive improvements in the hotels but we ensure that our prices are still affordable.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Trip Advisor mods, how about separate entries for the Pride Inn Raphta Road and the Pride in Westlands Road? While these are sister properties they are very different.

I stayed ten days at Westands Road. They were actually booked solid for the first two days of my trip and tried to send me to Raphta Road, but the staff in our Nairobi office advised against it and sent me elsewhere.

The Westlands Road property is quite new, the guest rooms are very large and clean with a small fridge, safe and free internet. No wi fi in the guest rooms but they do provide an ethernet cable. Some guests find the tile floors noisy but I will take tile over carpet any day, it doesn't hold dirt and germs. The main problem, which I find in may countries, is that the doors are flimsy and you can hear everyone talking in the hallway. Also at the Pride the door hinges seem to be spring-loaded, and as a result all the doors slam very loudly. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and after only a day or two they all addressed me by name.

The hotel restaurant is OK, breakfast was very good but dinners tended to be very oily. As others have mentioned, the hotel is Indian owned so there is a lot of Indian food ont he menu. Also they recently changed their policy and they no longer serve alcohol, so if you want a drink you'll have to go out.

The hotel is in a great location. Despite what some other posters have said, there are plenty of places within walking distance. There are a lot of restaurants just a few minutes away, I have been to the Westlands neighborhood many times and I am comfortable walking that short distance after dark. There are two malls (Sarit Center and Westgate Mall) that are about a ten minute walk, but after dark I would take a cab.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the second floor away from the small car park. Opposite the car park they have a large catering hall that hosts a lot of events, I suppose it could be noisy when guests are leaving a wedding or other event.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear K. Moulus, Thank you so much for opting to stay with Prideinn Hotel. Since then, acouple of things have been improved. Our Raphta Branch is very vibrant and the Westlands Branch also has been given consideration especially on the doors, security measures, menu and kitchen standards. Am sure today, with your honest comments and other reviewers as well, we have managed to achieve quality. We hope next time you are in Kenya you will stay with us. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have stay in Nairobi on semi regular basis during the past few years and have enjoyed and not enjoyed a wide variety of accomodations from the elegance and history of the Norfolk to the 'economy' of the Embassy. What I was looking for was a safe, quiet, comfortable and affordable place to stay with self catering facilities. The PrideInn Raphta Road, not to be confused with its sister hotel on Weslands Road, proved to be the place.and has been the choice for the past few trips to Nairobi.

On my first visit I was impressed with the size of the bright clean room and the pleasant sitting area with love seat, cofee table and two comfortable chairs. The king size bed was comfortable and with no hesitation the request for additional pillows was honored. The instant hot water in the bathroom was a treat, immediately after the dusty trip from Arusha. The small kitchen with table and seating for two was more than satisfactory and the kitchen with 4 burner stove and oven, decent sized frige and microwave made it possible to prepare a vaiety of tasty dishes in the comfort of our room. There is no hot water in the kitchen tap but a kettle made cleaning up easy. The average Nairobi restaurant has a sameness about it and the high end ones althoug pretty good come with a pretty good bill at thr end of the meal.

The hotel is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. It is a one and two story structure with in a walled compound with hotel askari and askari from a security company working side by side. The well kept and attractive garden area with plunge pool, is monitored by security cameras situated in the office. Although away from the hustle and bustle of Westlands business area, the malls and entertainment it is still only a three hundred shilling taxi ride it one wants to enjoy the shopping, dining and the nightlife of Westlands.

I have found all the staff, from housekeeing bar and restaurant very friendly and eager to help.. On the occasson when things did not work a real effor was made to correct the problem. On the one occassion when the staff could not make an immediate repair an upgrade was offered.

On the occassion we have used the restaurant we have found the menu interesting and the food will prepared. The included breakfast although not great is adequate.

The price of for the studio double of somewhat less than $100.00 US seemed, by Nairobi standards fair and reasonable.

I look forward to more relaxing weekends at PrideInn, Raphta road.

Room Tip: A pool side room or room away from the main gate and reception is good. The action around these areas traffic goes on during the night and they are a bit noisy. Even by the pool, near the bar and area which hosts functions, I have never been disturbed as most are quite quiet and end well before midnight.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zad-20

Dear Zad, Thank you so much for having stayed at Raphta Road Pride inn. We are delighted by you lengthy review which cover the entire services we offer. we are glad we made your stay convenient and that you found the location all that Ideal. I hope next time you visit Nairobi, you will stay with us. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager