“Kazuri shop in Junction Mall”

Kazuri Beads Factory
$299.00*
Nairobi City and National Park Guided Day Tour
Ranked #6 of 265 Tours in Nairobi
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I did not visit thr farm but I entered in the Kazuri shop in Junction Mall.
Some of the beads are really nice, but the shop is not so attractive. Lights are wrong, necklaces are not valorized enough, seems too packed with stuff.
Is a normal place for average turists, with prices from 1.400 to 2.500 Kenian Shillins for a necklace (18/32 USD). Good place to buy a souvenir but nothing special. I saw places like that in so many counties...

There are newer reviews for Kazuri Beads Factory

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had first seen Kazuri beads almost 20 years ago and wanted to have a chance to see them made and learn more about the program. I was traveling for business and had very limited time to visit so I missed the official tour of the factory, but a young woman gave me an unofficial tour after I had completed my shopping. The beads are really beautiful and make a wonderful gift if you can bear to part with them.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This tour of the factory was amazing. We were able to see how the variety of beads are made from beginning to end and the history and evolution of this place. Creating Self sustainable ways for marginalized women to earn a fair living ARE the ways in which we can all help !

Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you are in Nairobi and in Karen for another reason, this is a nice place to stop by. Honestly, I would not make this a destination in itself. The factory is very interesting, and the workmanship is beautiful. But, it has the feel of a place that is definitely set up for tourists - an aspect that takes away from the authenticity of its story. However, if beads are your thing, and business-development projects interest you, then visit.

Perhaps what I appreciated most was the gift shop, as there are a ton of different things to buy - special gifts for others. Prices are NOT cheap. But, if you pick up a few small things, you'll still have money for the taxi ride home.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I enjoyed learning about the bead making process and seeing it in action from mixing the clay to firing the beads to painting. It was also great to see how they improve the lives of the women who work with them. I spent a little too much at the shop (the necklaces add up quickly - but they do make great gifts).