“Beautiful Beads” 4 of 5 stars

Book In Advance
Top Rated
$80*
and up
Day Tour from Nairobi: David Sheldrick Elephant...
Ranked #4 of 140 Tours in Nairobi
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a great service to local women. I liked that it provided a skill learning for otherwise unskilled women.

Visited October 2012

Halifax, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Hope to visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a free day in Nairobi before our Kenya/Tanzania Safari. A friend who had recently been to Nairobi insisted I include this on our free day so we organized it through our Safari Company.

I’m so glad we did visit the Kazuri Bead Factory – it was not at all what I had expected – it was a great visit!

It’s a very small factory where you get a short tour that goes through the whole process of how the beads are crafted and you actually see the local Woman in their various processes of making them.

The beads are just beautiful and the factory supports local Woman from villages, some who are single mothers who need employment.

After the very interestingshort tour, you can visit the showroom if you wish to look at the beads for purchase. We did of course and there was no pressure at all!

For me, it was a great place to purchase a lovely souvenir of Kenya – the beads were just lovely and were great value!

My only mistake – I did not purchase enough! It was our first day in Africa and while I saw other lovely things during my African holiday, I always regretted not purchasing more Kazuri bracelets to bring home – they were my favourite purchase!

I would suggest enough time to visit the factory and then have time to browse the showroom - at least one hour to one and half hour depending on where you have to go next.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank CatchtheTradeWinds
Columbia, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It was nice to see how these gorgeous beads are manufactured...great experience for all ages. The gift shop had beautiful items but a bit pricy. I liked the fact that they can ship their merchandise abroad Yay!

Visited August 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beads and more beads”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you want to buy beads from the factory, and see how they are made then go here. It is the place where most of the local beads are made and does a good job providing not only work but support for the local population who are disable in some way.

1 Thank Robert K
Can Tho, Vietnam
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Want to spend Lots of Money!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place provides single mothers with the opportunity to earn fair money for fair work and gives them and their immediate family free medical care. They produce beautiful handcrafted ceramic jewellery and other pottery, as well as bags and a some other items. We got a tour of the factory and then went to the shop which is packed with lovely things. Unfortunately I had my visa card with me - bad mistake! But I love everything I bought and I'm not sure how I'll part with some of it when I get home and show my sisters.

Visited October 2012