“Nice Cosy Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Cosy little Italian hidden away in a unassuming part of a Nairobi suburb, inside a residential block of apartments. Walk in though and you get the feeling of being in a traditional Italian Trattoria -type restaurant with an almost homely feel to it.

The food is quite nice, as authentic as possible here in Nairobi I guess, with a varied offering of Pasta's properly al-dente [ had their Penne Arabiatta] and a good selection of Italian wines.

The only downside with this restaurant is the location - I was here for lunch and I wonder if I'd feel comfortable coming here for dinner keeping in mind one needs to be careful with personal safety when driving around in parts of Nairobi.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Pastas are super al dente, pizzas are nicely done, even the deserts are fabulous. Go for the meat ravioli with Gorgonzola sauce. Definitely make a reservation before hand.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This restaurant is one of the older established restaurants in Nairobi.
It is at the rear of Valley Arcade a good location to meet and eat!

The Italian Parma Ham and Melon starter is huge and delicious. Caprese with Mozzarella de Buffalo fabulous.

Mushroom Ravioli is a must and the Pizza's are thin and very tasty, all finished with fresh Parmesan if you prefer, wine good and sometimes Grappa on the house to finish…
Gets busy, best to book on Thur/Fri/Sat evenings: 020 387 5226.
Worth a visit - the owner is passionate and always in attendance. Unless it is closed (AUG) for his annual vacation in Italy!!
Enjoy .

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The homemade ravioli, the thin pizzas, the gorgeous (when available) tagliatta... we love it! Even though the manager/owner could be less grumpy...:) this is our favorite restaurant in town.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was invited by a couple who have been going to this restaurant for years.Both my wife and myself ordered the grilled fish.The three meals arrived and my friends/wife politely waited for my meal to be served.After 10 minutes I insisted they go ahead as their meal was getting cold.It a good thing as my meal arrived just as they were finishing up..When questioned our waitress did admit that she had only put in an order for one fish,thus the delay.This is not what I expected from a restaurant with such great reviews.What irked me was we received no apology from the management who went ahead and charged for the meal anyway.Very disappointing after much anticipation.