“Best Italian in town” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Salumeria
Ranked #63 of 512 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nairobi Region, Kenya
“Best Italian in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

The homemade ravioli, the thin pizzas, the gorgeous (when available) tagliatta... we love it! Even though the manager/owner could be less grumpy...:) this is our favorite restaurant in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Irked...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was invited by a couple who have been going to this restaurant for years.Both my wife and myself ordered the grilled fish.The three meals arrived and my friends/wife politely waited for my meal to be served.After 10 minutes I insisted they go ahead as their meal was getting cold.It a good thing as my meal arrived just as they were finishing up..When questioned our waitress did admit that she had only put in an order for one fish,thus the delay.This is not what I expected from a restaurant with such great reviews.What irked me was we received no apology from the management who went ahead and charged for the meal anyway.Very disappointing after much anticipation.

Visited September 2013
Massapequa, New York
“Ostrich sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wow, first time I had ostrich meat and it was good. I was a bit afraid of what I was having, but I figured it is just a big turkey. Meat was very tender and tasted wonderful

Visited October 2012
Nairobi
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Always consistently good but closed in August! As we found out to our dismay... never mind we'll be back once open again.

• Visited July 2013
wismar
“This is one of the best Italian Restaurants in East Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

the setting is simple but perfect, the food selection is limited but perfect, the "Caprese with Mozzarella de Buffalo" is excellent (but would deserve more basil, although typical Italian would call basil a weed, not a delikate spice), the beef is very good - from the Indian butcher at Valley Arkaden - if you like beef at all, the mussels are perfect, if they are available, the fish is perfectly prepared........ it is expensive, however, but for quality you have to pay and you don't regtet it.... and even the Italian fast food, the Pizza is excellent............

• Visited May 2013