WINNER WONDERLAND

La Salumeria
Ranked #63 of 512 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
wismar
“This is one of the best Italian Restaurants in East Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

the setting is simple but perfect, the food selection is limited but perfect, the "Caprese with Mozzarella de Buffalo" is excellent (but would deserve more basil, although typical Italian would call basil a weed, not a delikate spice), the beef is very good - from the Indian butcher at Valley Arkaden - if you like beef at all, the mussels are perfect, if they are available, the fish is perfectly prepared........ it is expensive, however, but for quality you have to pay and you don't regtet it.... and even the Italian fast food, the Pizza is excellent............

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Left hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I went for dinner there and we ordered pizza and meat lasagna's. The food is ok but when we're were done, we were all still hungry. This is the first Italian restaurant in Nairobi I have had lasagna and left hungry. Normally portions elsewhere are huge and because it's pasta is usually very filling! Perhaps they have reduced thier portions to make more money? Not sure all I know is that we left hungry and had to look for something else to eat when we got home. I had also been there on a previous occasion to meet a friend for lunch and the owner and waiters totally ignored me! Service to black women dining alone in that restaurant is pathetic!!!!!!!! I would not recommend this restaurant and after my family and I left hungry, I don't think we shall be going back again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mschana M
Nairobi
“Cozy gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Well located, with a great ambience. Cozy gem that is underrated in the Nairobi dining scene. Great selection on the menu. Good service. It's a bit of a tight squeeze on a good day.

Visited February 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great value, homemade pasta!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really like this place and think it has the best value Italian food in Nairobi. I think La Dolce Vita has the best Italian food in Nairobi, but this is cheaper and more conveniently located if you're not staying/living in Gigiri/Runda.

• Visited March 2013
Nairobi
“Excellent food and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Its the one place i will have a great meal with friends and clients alike.Its tucked away in Valley Arcade and the quality of the food is superb. I highly recommend it. Honestly, i am always at this restaurant :)

• Visited April 2013