“Good Hotel”

Ranked #41 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great Location. The rooms are nice, big, clean with lot of sunlight. The Staffs are friendly. The hotel is easy to locate. Restaurant is pure vegetarian. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a safari tour and it was a great spot. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, the shower is hot, and breakfast is good. The wifi is okay, I sometimes had trouble connecting but that could be temporary/where my room was located. I stayed at another westlands hotel for double the price at the start of my tour and I wish I just stayed here instead. It was great value for the price.
Ps- There is a gym on site that looks great, I just wasn't feeling well enough to use it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Katie F

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself and appreciated the value for money that we offer.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for a simple bed & breakfast then this is the place for you.

Location: Bang opposite Nakumatt Ukay (open 24hrs) in Westlands and right next to West Gate Mall... You can't ask for more. Sarit Center is also just a 10-min walk.

Acco: Very clean & good, simple rooms.

Food: The Hotel has a small kitchen. Breakfast is OK but only vegetarian no Eggs also. Lunch is A La Carte but dinner is a veg buffet again. But since the hotel is at Westlands you have a lot of options around your hotel.

Staff: Good, friendly staff

Overall: Good

Room Tip: You can chose apartments if you want which are also available in the same hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank maverickbull

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself in particular our Rooms & friendliness of our Staff. As mentioned our Location is very convenient to both the Buisness & Leisure traveller.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed there for 7 nights, the hotel is nice and clean, rooms are quite big, it serves buffet breakfast but do not expect spanish omellete there as what they serve is pure veggie but it's good. The hotel is located in a safe and lively area in the Westlands, just opposite Ukay Centre where you can find a number of nice restaurants including Hashmi Barbeque and also Nakumatt supermarket which remains open 24/7, Westgate mall is just three minutes walk from the hotel, there also you can find plenty of good restaurants. The restaurant at the hotel called Progressive Park Kitchen is nice but they only serve veggie dinner, but if you like non-veg still it won't be a problem as plenty of restaurants are nearby. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I will select Progressive Park Hotel only next time I visit Nairobi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KHATRI_TANZANIA
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and posting pictures from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ok, taxi (cab) drivers do not know where this hotel is unless you say at "Bank of India".
The outside appearance is the one responsible for the hotel not getting five stars from me. Inside the rooms though, it is beautiful. I got a chance to stay in two different rooms and I was impressed. The beds are spacious and the TV is wide. There is a working area and as I was on a working transit trip, I got my work done in no time.
My complaints; The wifi coverage is not very good in some of the rooms. The TV has lots of Indian channels (did I mention Bank of India above) and nothing else, no sport no movie magic,....
The restuarant is strictly vegetarian, which though I do not have a complaint against, I believe it reduces their variety......and tjo, the food I got was spicey (did I mention India somewhere above).
There is a gym..... found it well equipped but it's location is rather bizarre..
The location is excellent. I got to go out to eat my meat.... I also watched movies and did some shopping at Westgate Mall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Habitat-Afrika
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I have noted your comments regarding potential improvements which I shall share with the senior management team. We are already in the process of setting up a new Reception which shall definitely enhance the appearance of the Hotel.

I am pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

it is a very good hotel at an amazing area ( westlands ) beside westgate mall , the stuff is amazing and very helpful i was in 2 bedrooms apartment it was nice and clean , any way i spend 6 days in a business trip these rental apartments are very good just two matters maybe is not perfect 1 - wifi coverage network some rooms & areas not covered . 2 - the breakfast is just for Indians ( Indian menu ) .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ahmed_azab07

I am also pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed in the Progressive many times, and highly rate the hotel. Its location (close to Westgate), and cost ($100) make it a very good choice for Westlands.
I always stay in the 1-bed apartment, which has ample space, and good amienties. The only negative is the operation of the shower.
The hotel food caters to an Indian crowd, but with Westgate 200 yards from the hotel, there's no shortage of cafes and restaurants.
The boss (Shalin) and staff (Eva & Stella) always make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim J
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself, in particular our Location & Room facilities.

I have noted with concern your comments regarding the operation of the shower and shall ensure immediate corrective action is taken to rectify this.

Management