“good food and service”

Ranked #5 of 574 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Open House Restaurants, we believe that Fine Indian Cuisine comes from a delicate balance of succulent food, authentic ambiance and personalised service. So when you walk into our doors, be ready to experience a connucopia of indian flavours, whilst being transported into our traditionally set surroundings. Feel free to enquire about your taste preference or take suggestion from our experienced staff. Enjoy!
Reviewed April 27, 2014

must try it if you are in nairobi. worth trying for indian food. chicken curry is good.
try typical indian food.

1  Thank DKSingh52
boodha85, Guest Relations Manager at Open House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Mr Singh,

Thank you for your review. Did you try our freshly made Kulfi?

There are newer reviews for Open House Restaurant

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to this place. This time I brought my superiors along. We didn't have a reservation but one of the manager's recognized me as I had visited earlier. We were 4 of us and we are all from different parts of the world who all love Indian food. The Food and Services was amazing. Thanks for remembering me. Thanks a lot u saved my day.

boodha85, Public Relations Manager at Open House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Albert,

At Open House we believe that part of the perfect dining experience is the personal touch. Whether it is catering for a specific taste by modifying a dish to suit or by making a customer feel like they are amongst old friends...hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I went to Open House on a Saturday night with a larger group of people (we were eight).

The food is quite good--particularly the ginger chicken, bindi (okra) dish, and the palak paneer. Service was attentive without being overly so.

Reservations are strongly recommended for weekends. However, there are a lot of tables in a relatively small space, so this is not the site for an intimate, quiet dinner. While noise levels weren't loud, I felt as though the number of people in the restaurant made it feel a bit crowded.

However, the food is truly excellent--and its location--directly off a main street in Westlands--is a bit easier on the eyes than Haandi, for example, which is located inside a mall.

Hi Yael,

Thank you for an excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your Open House experience. We do get quite busy at peak times. For reservations you could call us on 0735 621 824, 0727 726 345 or :0722 436 959. For a quieter meal visit our Karen branch (020) 882 805 / 09, :0737 876 613 or :0725 585 175. Alternatively email us on openhouse.restaurant@gmail.com ,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

After reading all the excellent reviews on this site, I really expected to be wowed. Unfortunately, I wasn't. There were a lot of things I liked, but also quite a few that I didn't. Let's start with the likes: very good welcome, lovely dining room, professional service, good papadums and dips, delicious Paneer Chilly Fry starter, excellent Kulfi dessert (best I've had!). Now for the dislikes: dismal location; Methi Chicken main course- tasty gravy but the chicken itself had that unmistakable and undeniable heated up taste; Vegetable Patala main course- just plain boring; Menu lists prices without VAT and levy which is a bit naughty and misleading; finally: had a bad tummy all night and next day. Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to eating there, but for me it was disappointing.

1  Thank Connybee
boodha85, Guest Relations Manager at Open House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hi Cornelia,

We appreciate the detailed review of your experience at Open House.

Firstly, thank you for your positive criticism. We are looking into improvements already. Secondly, allow me to make suggestions on a few points. Our location in the heart of Westlands is convenient for most and the new parking next to Uchumi is plentiful. We are however constantly improving the pathway to our front door.
Pehaps next time you could order a more spicy Patala. Note that spicy doesn't mean we just add chilly...but a combination of masala specific to that dish. Also, we do have mid range spice levels like "medium plus" etc.
Finally, I'm sorry you felt mislead with the pricing method we adopted. The taxes are clearly indicated on every page of the menu, and I'm sure you'll agree that Open House is still very competative in value for money.

Hope to host you again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Overall good food and the service is okay too. Havnt been to the karen branch so this review is specifically for the westlands one. It seems to be really popular and its always full even on weekdays so remember to reserve beforehand

boodha85, Guest Relations Manager at Open House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hi Mehreen,

We're glad you enjoyed your Open House experience. Please do go to Karen and let us know what your thoughts are.

Warm regards,