“Great Place”

Ranked #5 of 593 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Open House Restaurants, we believe that Fine Indian Cuisine comes from a delicate balance of succulent food, authentic ambiance and personalised service. So when you walk into our doors, be ready to experience a connucopia of indian flavours, whilst being transported into our traditionally set surroundings. Feel free to enquire about your taste preference or take suggestion from our experienced staff. Enjoy!
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We visited Talisman sometime in December last year.

We received a very warm welcome. Though we hadn't made a reservation, we were accomodated well and seated near the reception, secluded from the common seating area.

We placed our order with some recommendation from the waiter. Our food was prepared and brought in in good time. The quality of the food was very good.

Their signature dish the cheese samosas, too good!! A must try.

They have a kids play area as well.

All in all a great place, ambience is good, and of course so was the food.

Please make a reservation before you go.

Vishal P, Guest Relations Manager at Open House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hi Jas,

Although you wrote the review for Talisman, I hope you try Open House soon and I'm sure you'll give us a sparkling review too. Our Karen branch in Crossroads Mall (Nakumatt Karen) is on the 1st floor and close to Talisman. Try our Cheese Nan :)
Warm regards,
Vishal

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We visited this restaurant in January. The food was fine as was the service.

I didn't have cash on me and thought instead of going to the bank machine I would use my credit card

Bad idea. This morning I was contacted by my bank. Someone at the restaurant copied my info (I never let the card out of my sight so they must have skimmed it on the machine)

The person charged over 3,000 US on my card. The bank reversed the charges,, but we frequent Nairobi and have friends there, we will let them know what happened.

Vishal P, Guest Relations Manager at Open House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Esteemed Patron,

As per our emails, we have already started investigating the incident. As requested, please email us your contact number so that we can call for more details.

I am glad to see that you still have high regards for us pasting a 3 star rating and assure you that whether or not this incident originated from our well trained and trusted staff, we will get you answers.

Thank you again for stepping up and giving us an opportunity to better serve our customers.

Kind Regards,
Vishal

Reviewed February 9, 2014

we, four of us, had an incredible lunch that included mutton, shrimp and chicken with nan and soft drinks in well decorated salon with great service for around $50.

Thank you and we look forward to having you back soon.
Kind Regards,
Open House

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The food is amazing. Service is exemplary. Decor is authentic. A bit pricey but worth it. especially loved the Chicken lollipops and Chicken makanwala (sorry if not spelled right)

Dear K and V,
The correct spelling is Makhanwala. Makhan is hindi for home made butter - the favourite of the indian god Krishna who was notorious for coming up with all sorts of schemes for stealing it from his neighbours as a child. We feel our pricing is very fair and if you would compare prices taking into account the portion sizes, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to having you back soon. Have a wonderful day.
rgds,
v

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Excellent food,value for money,will have you dreaming long after your done
Try the ginger wings,butter chicken for vegetarians the chilli paneer is a must,it is important to pre book due to large customer base,to me open house undoubtedly creates culinary masterpieces
Suitable for all types of crowds but preferably family and friends due to the thriving and lively environment,this very factor is what gives open house an Indian flourish that makes one feel as though they are sitting in a restaurant in India!
The decorations are tasteful with beautiful blends of colors.

You could try our Karen branch for a quiet romantic dinner, or even a private business lunch.

rgds,