“My favourite restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Open House Restaurants, we believe that Fine Indian Cuisine comes from a delicate balance of succulent food, authentic ambiance and personalised service. So when you walk into our doors, be ready to experience a connucopia of indian flavours, whilst being transported into our traditionally set surroundings. Feel free to enquire about your taste preference or take suggestion from our experienced staff. Enjoy!
London
“My favourite restaurant”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It doesn't have a great ambience. It's not smart. But I eat here every time I come to Nairobi cos the food is simply unbeatable. It's so good that I phone a day early and ask them to freeze some takeaway which I then take back to London. Don't leave without have a dahl makhani. East African curries are the best. Great service too. Don't go to Haandi's (though it's good), go here.

Visited March 2013

Mombasa, Kenya
“One of the best Indian”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

THis is very good indian restaurant in Nairobi. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Last time I was in there the owner sent out a chicken wing for my girls which they loved. I am oddly addicted to theur nuclear nan which has crazy amounts of spicy chilis. You can't go wrong with this place.

Visited December 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
“Excellent Food and Service,but Slightly Overpriced and Noisy”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just ate at Open House for the second time. I found the food excellent,and it was served to my instructions as I prefer very spicy food. I order both paratha and garlic naan and they were neither greasy nor oily which is a common problem in their preparation in Indian restaurants. My appetizer chicken tikka was excellent as was my vegetarian main course: spinach korma.I enjoyed the salted lassi The service was efficient and very polite. The restaurant's ambiance was very nice,except that it was marred but by the all the noisy customers. Open House is somewhat expensive due to the fact that the Vat and service charge add a lot to the bill.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food ...with a ginger twist”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was in Nairobi for 6 weeks work, so I'm getting pretty au fait with the food scene. Open House is a very good Indian, which along with Haandi (just over the road) are probably the two best in Nairobi (they should call that junction 'Curry Corner'). Beware 'medium' means quite hot and their secret ingredient is ginger, which can have one hell of a bite. I had 'Paneer chilli fry' to start and a chicken ginger curry for main both very good. Pricing is not too bad, four of us ate starters, mains, naans, beers & coffees for 13,500 shillings (GBP100). Definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Kampala, Uganda
“Food is just ok and somewhat overpriced!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The food was ok, not very exciting. Just normal Indian food, we had 3 or 4 different dishes together. The taste was ok, but not really super extraordinary. And i thought it was a bit expensive, but maybe i allready usefull the 'normally' cheap Kenyan prices.

Visited February 2013