“Excellent Stay”

Godial's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 278 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had an excellent stay at Godial's guest house. The location was quiet and felt very safe. There is a cute little garden, and the room and bathroom was very clean and pleasant. The staff was friendly and accommodating -- even though I got back after the kitchen had closed, they offered to make me a pizza. I only stayed one night, but would really have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Godial's Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and was glad to have a clean bed after an all day shuttle ride from Arusha. We were given a king size bed as they where expecting my daughter "Jamie" was a mans name! no big deal , they did offer other room possibilities. Our room was very clean and comfortable, did not care for the very high brown tub, there was a leak by the tub that could easily be fixed. Bed was a little hard for my personal taste. Overall, very nice, clean dining room for our breakfast, which had toast, eggs, sausage and various juices. We paid $95 for the night and extra for the airport shuttle. I would definitely stay here again as I like my trips as hassle free as possible. We had lost a bag the previous night and the receptionist did everything she could to help us find our bag, calling us even as we left the B&B,,, thank you so much,,, we did find our bag : )

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's quite difficult to find a location with a good balance between budget and quality in Nairobi. I still can't decide if this balance is ok at Godial's. The rooms are simple but clean and everything you need is available. We had the pleasure to ahve room number 5 for a couple of nights and I think this is a good room.

The breakfast is just a little bit poor for the money you pay for a B&B. Just some toasts, baked eggs which are made some time before and not so much fruit. This could have been better.

Please note that taxi drivers do find it hard to find the B&B. If you want to guide them in the right direction please send them to the Wood avenue junction with Lenana Road.

Conclusion; if you need an ok prized location in Nairobi, please choose this B&B.

Room Tip: Room number 5 is a good spacious room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My experience of mid and low priced bed and breakfasts here in Nairobi have been disappointing due to neglected decor or broken items within the rooms. This lovely mid priced bed and breakfast pleasantly surprised me. Clean, well kept, excellent taste decor and lovely helpful staff. I had a single en suite which, although small, was plenty big enough. All electric so let's working and in good order. Bathroom and bed were clean and fresh. Their courtyard is amazing and welcoming. They even have a little cafe/pizzeria which had tasty items for a really good price.

The only downside for me (and I have told the manager so it can improve) was that the wifi was slow in the room (not in the cafe area) and that there was no decaf coffee at breakfast even though it was on the menu as an option. The management took this on board without fuss and thanked me for the input which I thought was a good sign.

Parking is secure but tight. Just be aware of this when you arrive. Don't let it spoil an otherwise pleasant stay.

Anyone visiting Hurlingham area of Nairobi, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: It is well thought out so most rooms will provide a good stay.l
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The guesthouse is small, clean, amazing staffs. I spend only one night over there.
Location is not so good cause is far from Nairobi and far from airport, but the can pick up of and drop you off at airport if you need.
My room was very small and basic, just a bed, little fan and simple shelves. The shower was outside but I haven't to wait to take shower ou use the bathroom anytime. Very new and clean bathroom. Good shower and hot, very hot water.
Breakfast was pretty good! fruits, bread, yogurt, eggs.... very nice!

Room Tip: Maybe on with private bathrom. I had no option cause the place was full when a booked, but they have...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had a reservation for two nights, however we stayed only one night. No matter we gave them very short notice and no matter hotel's policy, Godial's charged us only for one night. The hotel is located 30 minutes by taxi from the city center in a relatively safe area. It is close to some embassies and shopping centers. We were in a room for three which was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also very clean. The hotel has its own bar and restaurant. The food there is delicious and they always have cold beer. It has free wifi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast compared to the breakfast offered in all other African hotels we stayed was abundant and diverse.
If you have to go from the hotel to the airport bear in mind that between 12- 4 p.m. the traffic is hectic and a taxi ride can take up to 2 hours. The hotel asks for a 50% advance payment and sometime the transfer can take a long time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival at Godials after a 7 day safari...clean, comfortable, and cozy :) Staff was friendly and accommodating, food simple but delicious...free internet stations were also wonderful after being out-of-touch for so many days. Convenient, safe location (just under 30 minutes from JKA airport) with restaurants and shopping center 2 blocks walking distance away. Great quality for the price. Only problem was the lack of hot water in the shower...but, it would not stop me from staying here again (it was only a temporary problem). Also for some reason, children were running up and down, making all sorts of noise and it was not stopped for nearly 2 hours!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple