WINNER WONDERLAND

Godial's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 235 Nairobi B&B and Inns
“Homely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had a wonderful stay attending a workshop in lower kabete. Transport was always on time, after having a well prepared breakfast. The free wifi makes it even more convinient for professionals.

I remember that fresh pizza that is prepared as you watch!!!

Maseru, Lesotho!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at the godials. It was nothing short of amazing.
Every one was helpful and gracious till we cheched out.
Their prices are also pocket friendly plus its very convenient to travel to Nairobi CBD from there.
I recommend it to anyone especially couples.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Accra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Godial's felt like home away from home. The exterior is beautifully landscaped; featuring potted plants, wrought iron arm chairs, tables for two - really, many interesting places to sit and chat with a friend or read a book. The guest house is also fairly quiet if one wants to sleep in. We were in a double room. It was spacious, clean and well lit. The location is great, close to town and all major shopping malls. The lounge and breakfast areas are cosy and inviting.

Room Tip: We found the meals ( we only ordered dinner once) too pricey and not exactly value for money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Godials was recommended to me by a friend who stayed in Nairobi for a couple weeks on a climbing trip. I stayed both going and coming from a one month medical assignment in Eldoret. They were fantastic - accomodating my early arrival (I had the inconvenient 4am flight). Everyone was incredibly friendly, and helped me with some local travel arrangements and tourist stuff (the elephant orphanage is pretty cool). The rooms are clean and nice, showers are hot and comfortable, there's wifi, and there's lots of plants around - just a chill, comfortable environment. Tasty breakfast too! Nancy was easy to plan with via email. They were able to provide a room for a friend who's other hotel plans fell through last minute - super helpful. I was so pleased I also had another friend change her plans to include Godials. The location is actually pretty convenient, as its a couple blocks safe walk to the mall, where you can get anything you need, from groceries, clothes, books, espresso, ATM, etc. Prior to visiting, I had some people scare me about the safety of staying in Nairboi, but Godials was very safe, gated and guarded. I was out late a couple nights (euro cup), and it was no problem returning in the wee hours - they have many drivers who are reliable and friendly. It was great to feel comfortable and welcome during an otherwise hectic trip. Some co-workers stayed at pricey hotels in order to feel safe, but I think this is a way better value. I plan on staying here when I return, and I highly recommend to my friends, and any other travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RyanE2012
Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

As an English lady who worked in Kenya, I stayed at Godials on the odd night and then for weeks at a time. I always looked forward to my stays there and never felt let-down or dissappointed by the service provided. It is well located, secure and is in one of safest areas in Nairobi. The management and staff are lovely and are very helpful. It is always very clean, there is hot water and clean towels. The food is great though there are take out leaflets at reception so you can do what suits you. There are also a wide range of rooms which cater for the businessman to the traveller. This has to be the best B&B in Nairobi! I hope to stay there again one day and really cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you need the cheapest option. The single room with a shared bathroom is absolute...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently got to stay at Godial's in Nairobi when my daughter was having an emergency c-section! She was first cared for at the hotel before I arrived - was on bedrest and the staff were just the best - they checked on her every hour! Well above the call of duty. Then I was ensconsed with my 3 year old grandson waiting for the delivery results - they could not have been kinder to us. Josh got to play with their kids, and we watched TV in their lovely sitting room. The breakfasts were wonderful and the pizza in the patio bar was great. Nancy and her staff were so kind and friendly. And we had a small but perfect baby boy. The rooms were comfortable with a lovely little outside sitting area for each room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ora J
Index, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was in Nairobi for about two weeks working on a project in the slums. It was so nice to come home to Godial's every evening to smiling faces, hot showers, a clean room and a delicious meal. The staff was very helpful and took good care of me. They have a driver on staff there named Joseph who was just great - he had excellent knowledge of the city and genuinely enjoyed showing me around it when we had the opportunity. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business