“This is the most amazing place I've ever stayed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi Tented Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nairobi Tented Camp
You added Nairobi Tented Camp to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 217 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“This is the most amazing place I've ever stayed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Wow. I'm not usually one to dip my pen into this kind of ink, in fact, I've only written maybe one other review on Trip Advisor… but the world deserves to know about this incredible place! NTC was absolutely fabulous. It is a bit shocking at first that it is in the middle of Nairobi National Park, but I never once felt unsafe. My company stayed here for three nights while filming a documentary film in Kenya. The Askari (warriors) and ranger they have at the camp would stay up all night and would appear out of nowhere to escort me when I would get up to walk to my tent. They would always greet you with a smile! Chloe, the manager of the camp, was SO welcoming and friendly! We enjoyed great food, met amazing people, and I will never forget "glamping" (glamorous camping) in the bush! Truly an amazing experience. Did I mention how great the food was?! Request poached passion fruit for desert, I don't know what it is or how they do it, but I can't even describe how delicious it is. Don't miss out on this place. Visit the Nairobi Tented Camp, you won't regret it! I can't wait to go back again someday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CCL20142014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

A group of 7 of us spent a night at Nairobi Tented Camp in May 2014. Harry, the manager, and his staff were friendly and very helpful. The camp consists of well appointed tents. The bedroom tents are large and beds very comfortable. Showers come from an overhead 'bucket' shower which is filled as required and is very adequate for a good shower. The food was very good and tasty though not 'fine dining'. We enjoyed 2 game drives in the late afternoon and early morning and were rewarded with 2 sightings of lion. One male lion walked right by our car! We also saw lots of buffalo, giraffe, zebra, antelope, 2 rhinos, wart hogs, tree hyrax and lots of great birds. Nairobi Tented Camp nestles in the trees of the forest area of the park and is well hidden. It blends well with the surroundings. It was a great experience and we would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynette150
Dursley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We took our two children (3 and 5) to the camp for two nights during a 2 week break in Kenya. We wanted to do a safari without having to drag the kids out to the Masai Mara. It's hidden in the Forest within the park and you feel a million miles from everything. It's small, intimate and unbelievably relaxing. In two nights (and three days) we squeezed in two game drives and a trip to the elephant orphanage. We had rhino eating outside the tent at night, something I've not experienced before. The food is excellent, service is highly personal and our safari guide/driver Andrew was friendly and engaging with the children. The park was quiet for both of our drives (taken late afternoon) so we had none of the safari-bus madness we've experienced in the Mara. Highly recommend this as a break for Nairobi city folk, but also for tourists on holiday in Kenya. There's something very special about this place and the people who work there. Hope to go back next time we're in Kenya. (and if you need some quiet work time, they have Wi-Fi!)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Nicola N
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Honestly if someone told me that spending a night at the Nairobi National Park would be amazing, i would probably have brushed them off. But having have experienced the simplicity yet exotic scenery this place has to offer, i would recommend anyone to come and camp here. it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scarlet J
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We only had two days to squeeze in a safari and the Nairobi Tented Camp was everything we could have asked for and more!
The people were AMAZING! Everyone (Clemens, Silas, Daniel, Issa, Dixon, Peter) took such good care of us! We wanted for nothing. All we had to do was ask.
Food was delicious. We were astounded that such a variety of delicious dishes could come from a safari camp.
Issa was an amazing guide and found us lions everywhere.
Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colleen1141
Beds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

After a day time flight, it was great to be met at JKA and transported direct to the camp, where I could settle in and have a good night's rest in peaceful, comfortable surroundings so I was refreshed before starting the rest of my adventures. The staff, led by Chloe, were very welcoming and helpful, the food excellent, the camp very restful, plenty of animals to be seen on a game drive.
There is a good range of things to do outside the National Park, too, if you have time. I visited the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage - they do a fantastic job and it was a joy to see the little ellies so well cared for and happy.
Two nights at this camp proved to be an excellent way to start a safari holiday. I felt rested, pampered, and with my appetite whetted to continue on to different areas, including other Porini camps which offered the best accommodation and experiences I have encountered in my three trips to Kenya.
Highly reccommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Nairobi.....and only minutes to get to! Once inside the National Park and at NTB you are taken to a different world of peace and tranquility. Staff at NTB were excellent and food superb. Highly recommend NTB, only camp inside the park, a park that offers an extensive range of animals to view.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple