“A night in the bush”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nairobi Tented Camp
Ranked #1 of 275 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It is a very nice place to run away to when the hustle and bustle of the city get too much !! Accommodation is great - Tents are comfortable ( although the single beds are slightly short for tall people ! )
Food is excellent. Sitting round the fire at night listening to the sounds of the bush is magic - I recommend this 'city break ' !!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Nairobi Tented Camp

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had two nights here and would have loved to stay a little longer. The "tents" were very clean and comfortable, great beds and I heard a lion roar the first night. The food was excellent and would give many of our restaurants a run for their money.The staff very attentive and friendly. I cannot fault this place. We also felt very safe here. We did an early am safari and saw Black and White Rhinos and many other animals. It was also just a short drive to Sheldricks for our two visits. Highly recommend for a Nairobi stopover.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perthlady3
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 4 week African Holiday. We were not expecting much from the Camp nor indeed from the Nairobi National Park. How wrong we were. This was a remarkable oasis away from the bustle of Nairobi but yet only 30 minutes from the airport. From the moment we arrived we knew we were in for a great experience. Kelvin and the team looked after us in every possible way. It was so peaceful there, we did not want to leave. The food was great and then there was the park. Our guide Kevin says that the 10 lions we saw on our 2 safaris was unheard of. We ended our day watching a couple of lions as we enjoyed beer and wine in the safari vehicle. However dont ever go just for 1 night, you need at least 2 nights to feel completely relaxed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Staying at NTC was initially just a good alternative to staying in the hustle & bustle of Nairobi - but turned out to be a privilege and delight to be there. After checking other reviews since coming home we can pretty much agree with everyones positive comments. Kevin, Francis & Kim & the masai staff instantly became our new best friends. Even the boggy, rocky roads & paths did not deter us - just added to the adventure. We will always have special memories of our visit.
Brian & Dee
Australia

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was the perfect getaway from the Nairobi daily life

I was picked at the gate by kevin - one of the NTC game/tour driver. He was such a great source of information during all game drives. The Camp Manager - Kim together with the attendant Francis welcomed me with a drink & i felt right at home.

The tents are spacious, firm beds, amazing 'bucket' style showers that Daniel (the tents attendant) prepares with just the right water temperature. The Chef impressed me with the wide range of 5-star quality meals.

I got a complimentary sundowner & birthday cake that was much appreciated.

2 game drives later, lots of good food, friendly team including the masaai guards & im more than refreshed.

Thanks NTC team...i can hardly wait to be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was on a business trip in Nairobi for two weeks and wanted to get out of the city for the weekend. The NTC, 30 minutes drive away from the city centre, turned out to be a great refuge from the traffic, pollution, noise and congestion in Nairobi. The friendly manager and staff looked after me in every way during my stay: Served drinks by the open fire under the stars; treated me with great cuisine in the mess tent and organized a great excursion to the close by elephant orphanage as well as a game drive where we saw not less than nine lions! My tent-room was more comfortable than the five star Stanely Hotel room I had in Nairobi. The visit at the NTC reenergized and gave a taste of safari as well as feeling of visiting friends. I will definitely go back again if I get the opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Karin37
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had the privilege of staying at Nairobi Tented Camps for two nights in March.

Kim, the camp manager, runs the camp with a great deal of energy and enthusiasm and she and her team have managed to create a warm, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere in this sanctuary so close to the city.

The camp itself is most impressive as are the tents - proper beds, amazing showers (the guys managed to get the water temperature just right each time) and I had two of the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a long time.

The food, prepared by Chef Paul, was delicious and the effort that Paul, Henry and the team made with the bush breakfast on the final day made the experience truly memorable.

I did two game drives and my guide John was very knowledgeable meaning that I saw a huge number of animals, birds and plants including Lion, White Rhino, Black Rhino + her calf to name a few. The games drives, combined with a visit to Sheldrick's Elephant Orphanage, meant that I have an incredible set of memories and some brilliant photos too!

I’d highly recommend Nairobi Tented Camps whether you’re in Nairobi on business and looking to add on a night at the end of your stay, a resident looking for a weekend getaway or simply on holiday and looking for a great safari experience. I look forward to visiting Nairobi tented camps again soon!

Catherine
South Africa

Room Tip: All the tents are fantastic - you really can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo