1,054 results
All reviewsrooftop barartisan restauranttop floorbusiness hotelthe club loungewestlands areagreat businesssarit centrefirst floorbusiness travelmodern hotelwestgate mallfive star hotelexcellent staybreakfast buffet ismain restaurantshankar
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

I loved staying at this hotel, safe and comfortable. The room is perfect. The staff always makes you feel special. The rooftop with the pool is very nice; great DJ. The gym has all you need too. There are several restaurants in the hotel and therefore different food options (buffet, steak house...). I checked out to go on a safari and came back for my last night in Nairobi. Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Fabien730,
Thank you reviewing Sankara Nairobi. It is always a pleasure to read positive reviews from guests whose experience at Sankara was enhanced by our staff service. Thank you for highlighting Sarabi our rooftop bar on the 7th floor and our award winning steak house Graze on the 1st floor. I am glad to see you were able to experience these unique restaurants in our hotel. Thank again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I stayed in Sankara hotel Nairobi for business, the hotel location is just 5 minutes walking to our Regional Office in Westland area, however they give me compliment taxi ride from the hotel to our office or vice versa- really helpful when I leae office a bit late they can pick me up.
First time travel to Africa and I experienced the warmest hospitality from the time I checked in up to the day I checked out, from the front desk staff to house keeping staff they are all warm, friendly and respectful. The hotel room is spacious for me as I stayed alone, I like the idea of transparant wall between the bedroom and the bathroom, you can close the horisontal blind if you uncomfortable with that. If you kind of sporty person, they have gym at the 7th floor, at the same floor you also find the hotel lounge - kind of roof top bar with small pool, it is nice to chill out in the evening. Over all, I would recommend people to stay in this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay in Westland area, the hotel is new, clean and the hotel staff are very friendly & well trained. I would love to come back and stay in this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Kristinayp,
Thank you for taking the time to review Sankara Nairobi on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you have a wonderful experience with us and our staff service played a huge part in this positive experience. Thank you for highlighting our modern guest room design, several guests have given similar feedback and it is something we are very proud of. I am glad you were able to experience Sarabi our signature rooftop bar on the 7th floor. Once again thank you for your feedback and the Sankara family looks forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

I booked in to visit the Sankara Nairobi for a night after TripAdvisor recommendations when I was looking for a nice place for an evening meal. This was a night's stopover on our honeymoon between our Maasai Mara safari and our beach destination (Northern Mozambique).

The Sankara went above and beyond to treat us extra specially to celebrate the fact it was our honeymoon. Not only was there a room upgrade and lots of treats (chocs, fruit, wine, ice-cream) but every time we approached someone in the hotel they congratulated us on our marriage. It was a really special touch, which we didn't get to the same level anywhere else, so thank you to all the Sankara staff!

The room was what you would expect from a five star hotel - nice linen and a comfortable bed. We dined by the rooftop pool. The food was American diner style sharing plates (after a week on safari, I particularly enjoyed the nacho fries!). The bar wasn't that busy, but the night we stayed there were political developments in Nairobi which may have scared people away. I could imagine it would be a great night if it was busier.

Only glitch was the transfer from Wilson Airport - in any case, I would recommend just getting one of the airports official taxis. They are parked outside the gate and are cheaper and very convenient.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Dear steveandjen1,
Thank you for taking the time to review Sankara Nairobi. It was wonderful to host you during your honeymoon and we are thrilled to see that our team surpassed your expectations. We hope you have a chance to visit us again in the very near future and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

Very stylish, well maintained and clean hotel with all the desired amenities of a modern, western hotel. Staff is very well trained and friendly. Service is professional and top class. Staff really makes an effort to attract and retain customers. Highly recommended for business trips as all functions and guest invites can happen here with an ambience of professionalism and dedication.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear HorstHH,
Thank you for reviewing Sankara Nairobi on TripAdvisor. I love your comment about our staff being top class, we at Sankara take great pride in our staff and put in a lot of training hours to ensure guests receive the best service possible. Thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I travel through Nairobi regularly on business and the Sankara is by far my preferred choice. There are lower cost hotels in town but not close to this standard, it feels totally safe, relaxed and the rooms are well laid out with a useful working desk area. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the gymn is well equipped and clean and there is a choice of eating and drinking areas. Not to mention the rooftop pool with the glass bottom section! They can arrange airport pick up and drop off and also have twin rooms which can help with the cost if you don't mind sharing!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business

Dear iaina853,
Thank you for taking the time to review Sankara Nairobi, its great to see that we are your
preferred choice of hotel when you are in town. We appreciate the fact that you were able to try out our various facilities and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.