“Great Place in CBD”
Review of Sankara Nairobi

Sankara Nairobi
Ranked #6 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have stayed in the hotel for 4 nights on their business executive room floor. Well designed room, though not that spacious. The staff are friendly and very professional. I like the fact that it's near to popular malls, bars and restaurants in Westlands. Security is also reassuringly tight.

I look forward to night time when they offer to turn -down the bed, they give these small and cute collectible animal figurines.

The only issue is the small and cramped front desk at the ground floor and a claustrophobic elevators.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J P

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here for a week on business. Great hotel and would highly recommend. Friendly and efficient staff, very comfortable beds and great food. The breakfast is lovely and the hotel has a few restaurants that are great. I especially liked the Thai restaurant. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sankara N, Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Kathleen M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 3rd September 2013.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our staff, service, food and facilities.

As the entire team at Sankara Nairobi care deeply about our guests’ convenience and comfort, your kind words will only motivate to further exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Sankara 3 times over the past several months for business. There is never a question of where I will stay in Nairobi because of the excellent and helpful service of this dedicated and friendly staff. The hotel is conveniently located. Serene and comfortable rooms (especially on 2nd floor, overlooking the pool next door), very good business facilities, and excellent food (insane dessert bar, lovely cold drinks). From reception to rooftop the hotel is well appointed and comfortable. But what really makes the Sankara special is the staff - always professional, accommodating and eager to help. On one occasion, my colleagues and I had a 3 a.m. departure, and the staff arranged breakfast to go for us. On another, our trip was extended, and the staff did their best to try and find rooms for us for the duration during a very busy time. They even offered to check at the hotel next door on our behalf. On another occasion I was ill (nothing to do with Sankara) and the chamber maid came to check on me at turn down, saying she had heard I was ill and was there anything she could do for me. Last minute arrangements were made for us to make use of the board room when we discovered this was needed - a lovely space, rental included good food service at reasonable rates.The clientele appear to range from safari go-ers and tourists to business people from all over the world, including Kenya. And, the soapstone animals. As others have mentioned, this is a very sweet touch, and a much anticipated souvenir by my son when I return home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LBR25

Dear LBR25,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 3rd September 2013.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our service, staff and facilities.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed in the Sankara for a few nights (5th Aug 13) and absolutely loved the hotel!
The decor, the restaurants, the champagne bar on the roof, and the food.
The little touches as well made me smile, the hotel gave me a new soapstone animal (lion, giraffe etc) every day which I thought was the nicest gift I've ever had from a hotel....a really nice touch!!
The staff were lovely, and very elegant. Clearly alot of thought has gone into the detail of this hotel, and when I go back to Nairobi, this is where I'll stay.
Everyone should feel very proud to be part of a really special place to stay.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me, Adam (UK)

Room Tip: I was overlooking the main street four floors up which was beautifully presented and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Adam b,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 2nd September.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our decor, service, food and facilities.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sankara represents the best ambiance you can get in any one place in Westlands. The lounge and bar have an excellent selection of drinks and an excellent relaxation. Very good chill out place. The wine list is formidable with exotic Italian wines. Service is also very good with knowledgeable and helpful staff.

Sankara is close to three major shopping malls and will give you ease of enjoying shopping in the city and westlands in particular. parking is also readily available in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Hjkenya,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 2nd September.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our ambience, service and facilities.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My visit to Sankara was amazing. The nightly turn down service with soapstone animal figurines was an very welcoming touch. The bellmen were extremely helpful and went of their way to help me. The location was very convenient; a very short jaunt across the street to Sarit Center or a block or two from Westlands mall. The fitness facility was well equipped for a quick vacation workout. Water was bottled and readily available in whatever quantity you require. I would stay here again if I ever get the chance to visit Nairobi again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Beth G,

Thank you for your review dated 24th August 2013.

With Kind regards,

The Management.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great modern rooms, fresh coffee in the room, decent wifi, and excellent food choice!

The pool and gym offer good facilities and a range of equipment.

Excellent location in central Westland meaning you can walk to local businesses and shops.

• Stayed: August 2013