“Stylish relaxed place in Nairobi”
Review of Sankara Nairobi

Sankara Nairobi
Ranked #5 of 170 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stylish well equipped and designed rooms. Good service. Good food.good security. Great place to stay on business and travel. I enjoyed the gear dud buffet breakfast and especially the beds... Could steal that bed and linen and take it all home with me.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mooks W

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Sankara Hotel over a long-weekend escape and checked into one of their junior suites. Although the suite's aren't really that big, I must confess that the small touches everywhere in the room really did make it worthwhile for me. The bathroom alone was in itself probably worth the extra money. The service was incredibly warm, attentive, friendly and staff seemed to anticipate your needs and were ready with suggestions or advice when needed. The club lounge staff were particularly impressive and helpful in assisting with various requests.The rooftop bar and pool has a very funky atmosphere and seems to attract quite a few of Nairobi's young and vibey after work crowd for a pretty good selection of cocktails. From the rooftop bar you can then head to one of the hotel's restaurants. Personally I enjoyed the Artisan Restaurant and sitting on its terrace enjoying the incredible Kenyan lamb dish.

The hotel is also perfectly situated being close to some great restaurants, bars and clubs and quick access to several shopping centres. My only word of caution in terms of its location would be to allow sufficient time to get to and from the airport as the Nairobi traffic is incredibly bad.

I'll definitely be returning there on my next trip to Nairobi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Henlo V
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sankara was a highly recommended hotel to stay, however, was fully booked during my stay in Nairobi, so I ended up going to an adjacent hotel Jacaranda (check out my review before you book there).

I stayed at the other hotel, however, came for my meals to Sankara. They have a good variety of buffet, Japanese and Thai food. Highly recommended with very service.

Room Tip: I just ate at its restaurants.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AsliDesi
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed for one night and I don't have any bad thing to say about it, the room was comfortable, clean and well decorated, the staff (entrance, cleaning, restaurant, etc) is absolutely amiable. I had lunch and dinner and was very tasty, also the breakfast buffet is very very good. Highly recommended !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel convinces with very good service, a modern set up and facilities that makes you feel like you are in a spa environment. The roof top bar with a swimming pool is a real plus. You can work out in a small, but well maintained gym. Bars and restaurants are in the neighbourhood.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

When we arrived we were welcomed with love especially my 18month old kids were warmly welcomed: We were only there to dine & just take a tour for personal future reasons! The service was great' I enjoyed the ambiance & I truly loved the cleanliness: Very polite & with ease we enjoyed our visit. Will be back again. Keep up the good job!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Sankara is the best place to stay in Nairobi. I've heard it many times until I tried... and this is very true. Accomodation, service, staff, atmosphere are simply outstanding. I spent an intense week in Nairobi and Sankara really helped me to rest after busy working days.
Highlights