1,067 results
All reviews rooftop bar artisan restaurant top floor business hotel the club lounge westlands area great business sarit centre first floor business travel modern hotel westgate mall five star hotel excellent stay breakfast buffet is main restaurant shankar
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Sankara is a new hotel and looks so good. Everything is new and glamorous. I had breakfast and lunch with a business partner and we really enjoyed the selection. Tables are well laid out and linen is perfect. The treatment by the staff made me feel like a queen. I will definitely go back to spoil myself.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hjkenya
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was invited to dinner in the restaurant by a friend and her daughter who had booked a table in advance. So we were a little taken aback when it appeared that the reservation had not been made, although the restaurant was luckily not full. We then ordered fresh drinks - variety of juice and vegetable mixes and these took quite a while after we had had to call a waiter to take our order. Then we had another wait as the food came- red clipper and two chicken dishes which were very well laid out and compensated for the wait. The dessert spread was an endless selection and so were the herbal teas soon after. Before we received our bill we heard the next table complaining about the time taken to take and bring orders so we were not alone.

It is a pity that the pace of service detracts customers from an otherwise very pleasantly decorated venue. We did have a word with our main waiter about the need to keep customers briefed on progress if there were going to be delays in service. He took it kindly. My friend's daughter summed up the evening by saying she had been there to eat on a number of occasions and also waited, the redeeming factor being that the food when it finally came was worth the wait.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Posh hotel! Stayed two nights with my fiance and loved it! Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Room service was excellent. Loved the versatility of paying with either the US dollar or Kenya Shilling. The location is not bad at all and is not too far from JKIA. We walked to West Gate Mall for breakfast and later in the evening walked to Sarit Center for drinks and some music. Will definitely be returning next year for a longer period. Have to experience the spa, gym and the rooftop bar....

Room Tip: The higher the room/floor the better
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clementine a
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I often come to this hotel for business and each experience is great. This hotel is safe by providing gards at the entrance and in several floors. Rooms are quiet, very comfortable and absolutely clean. Equipment is perfect. Food (bkfst and dinner) is high quality and clean. Staff is friendly and have good knowledge of their hotel. The gym equipment is in a good condition because brand new. Swimming pool is small but but attracting. I read people had a bad experience at the pool bar but be aware that a part of the bar is a Champagne bar... This means that no beers on this part... That makes sense for me. Situation is overall good but expect more than 1h to drive from airport in case of traffic jam. That.s a good hotel for demanding people.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sebbelgium
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wow what a difference after the Hiton debacle (see my review on that place for comparison). The Sankara is located in Westlands which was perfect for work. The location is reasonably central near Sarit center which makes is pretty convenient for everyday essentials.

The whole experience was excellent from start to end. Other have already commented on the rooms and I can confirm that they are finished to a very high standard so no complaints there. I booked a transfer from the Airport and it was brilliant. They picked my up in a nice big car ;-) but to my surprise the check in was actually in my room! I have travelled all over the world and this is my first experience of room check in and is definitely something I could get used to!

The restaurants are great and serve good quality food. The place is well secured and the staff were all excellent. There is well equipped gym on the top floor and well worth visiting as Nairobi is pretty high altitude so you'll get a decent work out without too much effort!

I would not hesitate to stay here again and hope other large chains follow it's lead and provide good value for money which is more than can be said for others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business