Have previously stayed at the Southern Sun and Intercontinental on several occasions. By comparison, I would give Southern Sun (Holiday Inn) 1*, Intercontinental 3-4, and Sankara a 5* by international standards. This hotel is just excellent! Some people have previously in thread pointed out that it's pricey. True. But judging by value, compared with others, there is no other option. Talking ranges in 250ish USD. We paid 242 per night, incl breakfast and internet.
Immaculate design, newly built with cool design all over. See pics. Splendid bed, haven't slept that well in ages away. The breakfast is so good, we were craving for it each morning. So nicely and fresh presented. Try their pancakes!
Pool area on roof top, the design is nothing for people suffering vertigo. Gym looked good too. Wonderful service all over. Staff seemed to express a true joy working there.
Dined in one of the hotel's restaurants several nights, which we enjoyed. Being able to sit outside was a nice treat for frozen Europeans. We tried as well the Tamambo restaurant, famous for ostrich beef, across the street inside mall.
On the minus side:
- check-out time is as early as 10 am.
- wifi did not function at all. SSID detected but with too low coverage to connect -- all over.
Sankara is the preferred choice if having the pleasure coming back to Nairobi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sankara Nairobi combines international five-star standards with personal service and the authentic flavour of the new Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sankara Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sankara Nairobi Hotel Nairobi