Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Mount Kenya

Amazing trip with “go to mount Kenya”. Booking through Evans was seamless and the team on the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
993robertl
capetown
Fantastic group to hike with!

We did the 4 day Sirimon - Chogoria route, which was fantastic and had huts to sleep in on both... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Tamin8or70

All reviews sirimon route day trek rock climbing met charles trekking guide altitude sickness answered quickly point lenana asante sana excellent care beautiful scenery the entire trip great guide these guys evans zachary ascent
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Could not travel due to other circumstances. The communication between the myself and the company with regards to that was less than sympathetic. It seems the companies are too keen to get your deposit and not keen to release it afterwards should you not be able to make it. I suggest you pay very minimal deposit like 10% and no more and the balance when you begin the trek.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

We would highly recommend booking with Go To Mount Kenya. They came recommended by our friend who lives locally and we were so glad they did. I can echo the high praise of the other reviews. Communication from the very beginning was excellent – especially Evans answering all of my (many) questions via email with prompt and detailed responses. Evans was also very flexible and accommodating – I had to make multiple changes to our itinerary from adjusting our trek by a day, to changing our method of transportation to Kilimanjaro and working with flight delays into the Kilimanjaro airport. Thanks again, Evans!

We did a 6-day Kilimanjaro climb via the Machame route. Our guide Sammy was absolutely the best – very kind, professional, knowledgeable and experienced. He was with us from pick up to drop off at the Kilimanjaro airport, and we felt very safe the whole time. We also had a very wonderful and competent team. The pace was good and we acclimatized well. Joseph and Issac, our assistant guides and ALL of the porters were so amazing – they took excellent care of us on the mountain, were extremely kind, and went above and beyond to make our experience very special. We were well looked after with plentiful and delicious hot, filling meals. The guides were especially amazing on summit morning, very kind and patient. When things got tough for me, we stopped frequently and Joseph helped carry my pack making the difficulty of summiting more bearable – and successful! From food, to safety, knowledge, experience and dedicated attention, we were definitely well looked after our entire trip and trek. Such an amazing and unforgettable experience – would very highly recommend Go To Mount Kenya.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Confident payment in advance; lots of emails answered quickly; everything done on time; competent team, lots of food, security during rock climbing, dedicated attention... etc... etc... I think these things help me to describe the competent efforts of Evans from "Go To Mount Kenya" company during a 8-day climbing using Chogoria-Sirimon routes on the "Mountaineer's Mountain".
Having done Lenana and Nelion (the crossing of "The Gate of Mists" to access Batian was too dangerous by that time), the later demanded the skilled guide John for rock climbing. He is more than a guide, he is friendly and responsible. Knows the limits posed by the Nature. That's why all was done in safety and with a gift at the end of the adventure.
If I have opportunity to do Mt. Kenya again, for sure I will use this same company.
Thanks for a memorable adventure.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2019

Go To Mount Kenya was recommended by a friend and I can see why. From my initial enquiry, Evans was extremely responsive and accommodating, I'm just sorry I didn't actually meet him. But I had the A team looking after me on the mountain - John, Naftalia and Kevin - and needed them. When altitude sickness kicked in above 4000m, I was well looked after by John, and felt totally confident and safe with the decisions we made about completing the walk. He was very patient and great company even if I wasn't always!! Naf's food was delicious and plentiful despite not doing it justice when nausea set in! And Kevin's infectious smile helped make the early starts more bearable; I loved the constant banter and laughter between them all. The trip finished with a fascinating drive back to Nairobi from Chogoria with Simon, through a fascinating range of agriculture. Mine was a 4-day hike from Sirimon to Chogoria as it fitted with the rest of my trip and despite the sickness, I'm glad I didn't do it over a greater number of days. The huts are basic and for a solo walker there is a good deal of 'down time' on your own. I thoroughly recommend Go To Mount Kenya and wish the team all the very best for the future. Thank you.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2019 via mobile

We had an overall excellent experience. The pickup from hotel back to our hotel. Simon our driver maneuvers us in the busy Nairobi traffic. Zacharia our guide that got us ip and down the mountain safe David that kept us fed all the time. We overall had a fantastic experience and would highly recommend Go to mount Kenya.

Date of experience: November 2019