“Gracious Hospitality and a great value!”
Review of Gracehouse Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gracehouse Resort
Ranked #20 of 287 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I've stayed at Gracehouse twice now, 5 years apart. I was impressed my first stay by the wonderful and gracious hospitality of the staff, which was just as wonderful during my most recent stay. They have since done some remodeling to the dining room (a very pleasant open air covered room) and added free wifi throughout the facility, a nice bonus (and not a guarantee everywhere in Nairobi). I was pleasantly surprised to even encounter some of the same staff this time around that were there 5 years ago, so I think that says something positive about the way it is managed. The rooms are comfortable, with spacious common areas on each floor, and are thoroughly cleaned everyday by courteous and helpful staff. The bathrooms are simply adequate, but better than many/most in other parts of Africa (unless you're staying at a 5 star resort and paying a lot more). The food served in the dining room is delicious, but you can't beat the convenience of being next door to the Yaya Center Mall with great restaurants as well as just about everything else you might need - groceries, hardware, clothing, banks, and many specialty shops. And the Sunday souvenir market in the Yaya parking lot is awesome. Mostly I love sitting in the shade of the Gracehouse garden having tea or a soda and chatting up the wonderful staff. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Nairobi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the busy street as there can be some noise from businesses across...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at the Gracehouse Resort in Feb 2012. The facilities are adequate but I would encourage the management to look at the showers. Not the best.
We were very happy with the meals and the service. Overall impression was good and the ability to walk to the Yaya centre was an added bonus.
The rooms are clean and this makes an ideal stop over prior to embarking or returning from a safari.
When we returned to Nairobi, Gracehouse was over booked so we were relocated to the Annexe. Too be honest I found this even better as we required just a one night stop prior to departing from Nairobi.

Room Tip: Good Value and having Yaya next door is a bonus.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Gracehouse company has sites in three locations: I stayed at the Gracehouse ANNEXE, a little out of town, but a quiet haven in the chaos of Nairobi...

I was in Kenya for work, and spent a couple of weeks at this place. Its at the end of a quiet road, about 20 minutes (without traffic jams) away from the main Gracehouse Resort. Its a smallish building, with friendly staff and rooms in reasonable condition, backing onto a garden.

There are a few things to bear in mind. As of December 2011, there is a lot of building work on surrounding land, which can be VERY noisy most days. Internet failure and power cuts were regular (at least once a day), though I suspect this is a Kenyan problem, rather than with this particular hotel.

Also, the location is fine (peaceful), though requires a taxi to get ANYWHERE (the hotel will arrange this for you), and cost to downtown Nairobi will be around 1000KES one-way (around 11USD). I'd advise asking your driver to wait, or come back at a prearranged time (take the driver's cell phone number too!).

I'd stay here again - though once they did run out of beer...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ijhodgson
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been working for Kenya for almost two months and stay at the Grace House whenever I am in Nairobi. Not only are the staff friendly and helpful, but there is a lovely garden and wireless internet throughout the hotel. It's also next door to the Ya Ya Centre, which has a supermarket, post office and some nice restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank kateaddict
Reviewed April 27, 2011

For the price of the Gracehouse Resort it's good value for money.
This is the second time I've stayed here and it's always clean, great friendly staff and right next door to the Yaya centre which means good food and Awesome Coffee at Java Coffee House.
If you are looking for a 5 star resort, this isn't it but neither is the price. The resort is really comfortable and feels very safe.
Free wireless internet and the breakfast is good.
I'd recommend it - great value for money
Has a small lounge area with about 5 rooms connecting off it so is good if there are a number of you travelling together but not sharing the same room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank InkosiAU
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed here 3 nights total in November of 2010 and while I was very nervous being a young blonde female in Nairobi, this hotel made me feel completely safe. I got a good sleep every night I stayed here, and the breakfasts were included and delicious (omlettes, potatoes, tomatoes, fresh fruit, beans, toast, coffee, tea, juice). This hotel was perfect. It may not have been a spa, but I had a great time, the people were wonderful, the rooms were clean and spacious enough for short stays!! I would highly reccommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank travelleroftheworld5
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Gracehouse is a friendly, homely accommodation in the central Kilimani area of town. It is popular with NGOs and missionary tour groups. The rooms are simple but spacious and more than adequate for the price. The staff are delightful, and free, fast wireless is a bonus. I can sympathise with the reviewer below in some respects, but did not have nearly as negative an experience. The shower system is not dilapidated, but heated with an electric head, and on the right intensity works absolutely fine. Unless you have an appetite for large buffets every night (900KSH) and enjoy a tee-total, evangelical atmosphere you won’t want to hang around socially much, but Gracehouse is right next to the Ya Ya shopping complex and a number of good restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business