Hibiscus Guest House
Agoda.com
$109
$78
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2013

B&B's are my fave places for accommodation, and Hibiscus came highly recommended. Very good service and, for me, most important was that it provided a peaceful environment: garden setting and on a side street away from the bustle of the city. The rooms are comfortable and quiet and the location is a safe brisk walk away from attractions and restaurants. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TimmeeCee
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed at Hibiscus a number of times when needing somewhere for a few days in Nairobi. The staff are lovely and very friendly, the rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Its much nicer than anonymous hotels, and the garden is pleasant to sit in if you need to do some work or reading. Good value given Nairobi prices. Breakfast is ok with eggs to order.

Walking distance to the Yaya centre for shopping and restaurants.

Make sure your taxi driver knows the side street it is in, as not all can find it right away.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the main house instead of the annex
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank anna m
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm not sure why my experience of Hibiscus differs so much from other reviewers. Maybe because we were arriving at 10 pm and leaving at 7am, we were given an unrepresentative room, but room we were given, although large was very scruffy and expensive what the standard provided. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom adequate.

Communication was excellent when arranging our room and our pick up and drop off at the airport were very smooth.

The staff were very friendly.

Breakfast was extremely limited.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I spent a weekend at Hibiscus with my wife (15-16 June 2013).

Hibiscus is an excellent choice in Nairobi. It is value for money considering the very expensive alternative.

The staff is incredibly attentive. The rooms inside the main house are really nice and cousy, while those outside could be improved.

I would go back to Hibiscus.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hibiscus was the perfect place for me to stay in Nairobi, and I'd recommend it to anyone who gets sick of anonymous hotels and would rather stay someplace with a more homey vibe. The place is clean and quiet, with a very pleasant garden and a plain but wholesome breakfast every morning. The location is excellent -- a quiet neighborhood not too far from the city center. The area, Kilimani, is safe to walk around during the day and there is a shopping center and a number of decent restaurants nearby. If you're traveling alone, as I was, you may appreciate the friendly staff, who will greet you by name and take the time to chat with you as you come and go, or as you linger over breakfast. They'll also escort you to the restaurant across the street if you need to go out for dinner after dark. Will definitely return next time I am in Nairobi!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5 in the main house - very roomy and you have your own entry/exit into the garden. It's close to the kitchen and I was afraid it might be noisy in the morning -- I didn't have any trouble with that but if you are a very light sleeper you might want a different room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo