See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The staff at the Hibiscus were wonderful and incredibly helpful. We stayed here at the beginning and the end of our trip. When we returned the second time, after traveling for a couple months, we were welcomed back with hugs and warm greetings from the staff. Upon request, they prepared my favorite Kenyan foods for dinner the evening before my departure. The rooms here are pretty typical for a guesthouse in Nairobi, there is wifi in the main house, and the grounds are very lovely. It's a nice place to escape from the city within the city and it's still within walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, shopping, and there is a tropical medicine specialist right down the street from the guesthouse if you need to stop in at the end of your trip...

The Hibiscus is my home away from home in Nairobi and I will be back to visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We just returned from a trip to the Maasai Mara, and spent our time before and after safari at the Hibiscus Guest House, which was a home away from home. Phyllis made us feel so much at home and was ever available to answer our questions on what to do and where, etc in Nairobi. The staff were so pleasant and friendly and ready to please. For budget travellers, there couldnt be a better place in Nairobi! Cool, clean rooms with wifi available, and decent clean bathrooms with hot water showers. Tucked away in a quiet residential area, Hibiscus offers travelers a home in Nairobi where one feels safe and comfortable. I highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling on a budget and doesnt require luxuries.

Room Tip: The rooms inside the main house are far better than the ones outside.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne_MarieColombo
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Place is very clean. Staff are friendly, courteous and trust worthy. Very good chef. Rooms are pretty clean. The place has wifi in the dining area. Overall we had a pleasant stay and had nothing to complain about.
We also had some tour guides who took us around for shopping and sight seeing and they took very good care of us. They organized the entire trip and even at times packed a picnic lunch for all of us from the guest house.
Hibiscus guest house is very good if you are on a budget holiday. I would highly recommend this guest house and will definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank travelisfunfunfun
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in Hibiscus.it is cool and no noise and the staff are great.The security is very good.it is near the green house and other major shopping malls.I wish come again and recommend my friends.I plan to celebrate my birth day right here.its a great place and i loved it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Hibiscus Guest House was on point. It was like a home away from home. The food is great, on top of that, anything that I need, whether it was from the store or where ever, The Hibiscus staff gave us a hand without any problems. They also offer a car hire service, even a diver if you needed one. It’s located in a peaceful spot and not too far from downtown. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves and planning on staying there again in a few more months...

I just want to say ASHANTE SANA to the Hibiscus staff for showing my wife and me a good time....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple