Hibiscus Guest House
Priceline
$308
$260
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed in Hibiscus Guest House in November 2011 and was very pleased with the friendly staff. They were very welcoming and accommodating with extending our check out time at no additional cost. The rooms are fairly basic but nicely decorated, which was completely fine given the relatively low rate we were paying for the room. The hotel is also in a great location as it is outside of the hustle of city centre but still close enough to lots of amenities and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Hibiscus guest house was a really nice place to stay at when we visited our daughter who studies at the Swedish school. The location was perfect with walking distance to the school and not to far a way from the airport. Very friendly staff who really helped out with everything. Good with pick up service from the airport, calm area of Nairobi, big and clean family rooms and good breakfast. We all recommend the gust house!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We had a perfect time for the first 4 days from our stay in Kenya. Very friendly people, very flexible with our wishes, nice breakfast en good rooms. Sos makes tasty omelets and the staff is always helpful.

Room Tip: Very big rooms inside. Smaller outside the building but than you have your own bathroom
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We recently stayed at the Hibiscus prior to a safari in Kenya. We arrived late at night from the airport with transport provided by the Guest House at a reasonable price. Despite the late hour we were greeted by a smiling, cheerful and welcome gent named James. Our bags were placed in our room while we registered. Our room was immaculate with clean sheets, firm bed, and ensuite bath for $55 per night. We awoke to an included hearty breakfast of cereal, toast, eggs, sausage, tea and fresh mango juice. While the eggs were cooked to death, the spicy sauce brought them back to life. The guest house is a quiet oasis that is not the most convenient location but the hotel will arrange a taxi but depending on your negotiating skills you can find a taxi in the street much cheaper. The only down side was a group of noisy young kids coming in late that made me somewhat ashamed of my American compatriots.

We had booked the room for three nights but due to a flight cancellation missed our first night. Despite this we were not charged for three nights; only the two we actually stayed. I did email them to inform them we would be a day late but they were most gracious.

They seem to be religious based but aside from a bible scripture on our door there were no other trappings of religion.

At this price point I don't believe you could do any better in Nairobi.

Room Tip: They have some rooms that are not in the main building but are more expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My friend I stayed at Hibiscus Guest House for 2 weeks while in Nairobi on missions work. It was a wonderful, relaxing retreat. We felt very safe, the staff were very attentive, the food was excellent. I have been to 5 star hotels that did not treat me, or feed me this well. I will stay here again, and I hope it is soon!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business