I stayed at Milimani for one night in a dorm. The staff was very friendly, and so were the other guests. The dorms are clean and cozy, with lockers and mosquito nets. I don't understand why you need to pay 100ksh to use the locker, even if you have your own lock. I only noticed three bathrooms in the whole place (for those in dorms), which wasn't a problem because the dorms weren't anywhere near full, but I could see it being a problem if it was.
The common area is nice, though smaller than what you get at Upper Hill hostel, where I usually stay. There's a tv, books, and information for things to do around Nairobi or Kenya. I loved the free, fast wi-fi. I did not like the dog hair all over all the couches.
The restaurant offers decently-priced food (about 500ksh for an entree, 250-300 for a burger, 120 for fruit and yogurt). The location is fairly convenient, there's a matatu not too far to go to the city centre.
Overall, I had a great time there, it felt very home-y because it was a smaller place and not too busy. I would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation for guests; Travel and Tourism related services & a Location for hosting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Hotel Nairobi
- Milimani Backpackers And Safari Centre