Milimani got some of its own medicine being kicked off their old premises around Milimani Road, where Manyatta is located now. I think Milimani continues to provide misleading information about their business (also online, for example the weird warnings on their website) because it has not enough quality to compete in another way. Don’t expect the cool vibe or atmosphere here with lots of other young travelers that actually makes you go to hostel instead of staying at a hotel. And like usual, also don’t expect the bathroom facilities like a decent hotel room, this place even managed to take it to another extreme by not having running water in the morning at all. On the bright side, for those that always complain about unreliable Wi-Fi and the noise of all other travelers having fun with each other at the bar, Wi-Fi’s reliable and there’s nothing that will wake you up at Milimani. Their emphasis on the whole safety issue is a false argument; a guard and a gate are nothing more usual and they do not have such a good name when it comes down to having you stuff stolen. The thing with Nairobi seems to be a bit that on the one side really good and beautiful travelers’ places (like Wildebeest) are quite far from the center, while on the other side it can also be nice to just be able to easily walk to the center and have transportation, nice café, restaurant and decent nightlife options a bit more nearby. But also for the location, Milimani is not a really good choice I think. For example, their competitor Manyatta on Milimani Road (this name issue can be confusing) has a more convenient and nicer location. Some places run by locals I really like, but Milimani is just another dishonest business that contributes to the perception that western hostel management better caters for the need of young travelers and provides a much better source of information, more fun and a better vibe and atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation for guests; Travel and Tourism related services & a Location for hosting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milimani Backpackers And Safari Centre
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Hotel Nairobi