GOOD: Third-party safari destination that they send you too is everything a safari should be!!! Peter, our driver, and Asmon, the chef, were a true delight. Fairly clean, average hostel.
BAD: Barely a common area to meet with other travelers, and an office-sense about the entire thing. Worst experience I had in Africa was not getting all my things stolen (bc our driver left the van unlocked where they brought us for lunch), but instead dealing with the wolfish owner after the fact. We lost over $800 in cash, all of our photos, a journal with 4 years of experiences, $1500 worth of gear, ALL of our gear, and medicines. I reasonably asked that her business not profit ($300) off of our misfortune (due to their employee) and maybe extend a hand to help us realize the rest of our plans --I was met with 3rd World stone-walling. $100 slap-in-the-face refund was offered so that we wouldn’t “blackmail” her with a bad (TRUE) review. It was particularly disturbing when she raised her hands to the air exclaiming, “I have done right in the eyes of God.” I 100% would tell anyone thinking about staying here not to support such a person as this. Oh and if she punished or fined the employee that messed up and her pockets saw the gain, how incredibly gross and even more unethical. Bad business, lady - and bad karma for your avarice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation for guests; Travel and Tourism related services & a Location for hosting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Hotel Nairobi
- Milimani Backpackers And Safari Centre