I was really positively surprised by this place. The rooms are pretty basic; you can choose a dormbed for approx 14 dollars a day or a privat room for 35 dollars (which is a better deal if you're more than one since you get your own room with a key) and the toilets are decent - there are three big bathrooms so it has a homely feel to it. But the big draw are the common areas! There is a big room inside, which is divided in an eating area and a living room area, where there's a tv, and a big outside area, which is really lush and green and where there's a nice pool!
The breakfast menu is good and cheap; you can get yoghurt and fresh fruit for less than 1,5 dollars but for other meals I would go out to eat, since we never really managed to get a good meal at Milimani.
The place is a ten minutes walk from Yaya Centre, where you can find western goods and restaurants; especially the Italian restaurant in the foodcourt is recommendable. And there are other good options in the area, for instance Habesha, an ethiopian restaurant.
But the really big plus about the place are the people working there. So friendly and helpful! I wasn't hesitate to recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation for guests; Travel and Tourism related services & a Location for hosting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Jovago.com so you can book your Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Hotel Nairobi
- Milimani Backpackers And Safari Centre