I try to stay here whenever I'm in Nairobi, because it's really fantastically located and the price is the best you will get for anything in this area of town. It's walking distance from the center (a pretty decent walk, but still beats paying for a taxi).
The rooms are, to be perfectly honest, not very nice. The ones inside have mold growing on the ceiling and are a bit damp. The outside ones are better, but you'll not get much sleep as the next door bar can be clearly heard.
The atmosphere is great though, always lots of friendly travelers and the staff is lovely and very helpful. There is a nice hang-out area outside with an open fire most nights, and I always enjoy the food here as well.
All in all, it's nothing spectacular, but the low prices, great staff and excellent location make it one of my favorite places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation for guests; Travel and Tourism related services & a Location for hosting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Hotel Nairobi
- Milimani Backpackers And Safari Centre