My partner and I had just come off a 60 day Overlanding adventure and needed a cheap place to stay in Nairobi before we flew into the Middle East. As it was close to our friends in the Kivi Milimani Hotel we chose this backpackers.
The young lady on the front desk was lovely when we arrived, but informed us that they had booked us a double when we requested a twin through our booking agency. She confirmed this room was cheaper so it was a win for us. There was no introduction to where anything was in the backpackers, so it was a little confusing the first morning when ordering and paying for breakfast.
The restaurant is very basic, our breakfast was usually cold but the bacon serves was great! At dinner time there is only one option and it is premade which concerned me highly.
The bathrooms were fair, most mornings there was no toilet paper, or the sink was blocked.
On checkout they informed us we still needed to pay the original balance despite being told on check in that our room was cheaper than the twin room we booked.
Internet was slow but manageable.
Not close to anything - needed taxis to get around everywhere. I recommend waking down to the Kivi Millimani for a driver as they are very friendly and reasonably priced. We found one fellow who looked after us all three days we were there and even took us to the airport for 1600Sh which was quite cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation for guests; Travel and Tourism related services & a Location for hosting events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Hotel Nairobi
- Milimani Backpackers And Safari Centre