“Good Business Hotel in the Heart of the City”
Review of Sentrim 680 Hotel

Sentrim 680 Hotel
Ranked #116 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Excellent location in the heart of the city so foreigners like me find it very convenient and secure to roam around even at night. Very good service, neat and clean rooms and yes you have electronic safe in every room, which is quite essential in places like Nairobi. Break fast spread may not be that great compared to likes of Hilton, but its' not bad by any standard. The lady on the travel desk is quite helpful and is available, probably for 22 hours a day. And yes, I got a good deal at $70 per night (speak to Veronica at accounts)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've stayed multiple times at 680 and its a mixed bag. The last time service at the reception was very poor. The fact you need to pay for internet is also poor and complex. The hotel lobby is quity noisy and chaotic.
On the positive side, value for money (especially if you book via website offers) is ok. The rooms are quite large and clean enough. Bathrooms are fine. The hotel is centrally located and the noise problem can be a problem for some areas but certainly not all. The restaurant is quite pleasant and the buffet breakfast is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Martijn t
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Hello. I want to give my contribution to the Trip Advisor about 680 hotel in city center Nairobi. I often go to Nairobi to work, and I always go in 680 hotels. I never had any problems. Just once, I had a problem with my room key card, but quickly resolved. So, quality accommodation, clean, quiet and silent. You can eat and spend little to Simmers, a typical and very nice place opposite the hotel. I never ate at the hotel, but breakfast in the morning is good and plentiful. The reception provides a great service, and the casino Babylon, near the hotel, offers good exchange rates. Therefore, good quality / price ratio. Remember: You can visit the center on foot, because 680 Hotel is in city center.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We, (myself and two adult sons) arrived at the hotel and were warmly welcomed by the doorman, Jared and porters were quickly on hand to take care of our luggage. Checking in was a painless process with pleasant and helpful receptionists. Although we did not book directly with the hotel we did correspond before we arrived with Mercy in reservations who was most helpful and even organised our tour of Nairobi National Park and other places on the itinerary.

We had two bedrooms and these were spacious and comfortably furnished and included a fridge and a free safe. Extra marks for that. Reception and choice of channels on the TVs in both rooms were extremely poor but then we were not there to watch TV!

Breakfast is served in the large dining room and provides a vast selection including really good porridge. Eggs cooked to order whatever style one wants. Plenty of fresh fruit and breads. Like most hotels - the toaster takes an age and usually requires a few passes before one gets golden toast! The service is really excellent but it would be nice to see the table being cleared between each course.

I always have an issue with hotels that charge for Wi-Fi and internet access and the charges in the 680 are high and the speed very low. We recommend that you use the internet shop around the corner in Standard Street where it is much cheaper and faster.

Taxis are availablle outside the door and we were there from Thursday to Monday and the first taxi we used the driver Geoffrey was affable and helpful and we used him during our entire stay including the return to the airport and discovered that by doing this it cost a lot less. We recommend Geoffrey and can provide his number!

The 680 is a large hotel and reasonably priced. The little 24 hour coffee bar in the foyer is really good and ideal for a coffee and a snack. If we return to Nairobi we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was at the 680 hotel late 2011 and the rooms were out-dated, the staff wasn't very friendly and spoke English that wasn't very easy to comprehend. I wanted to talk to the manager but when I did see someone I was told was the proprieter he seemed to be flirting with one of the girls. Definitely under new mis/management because the first time I was there in the mid 90's at least the staff was very friendly and professional. I am never going back to the 680 again.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night in the beginning of April. It is located in the centre of Nairobi, which is good if you have some business around, so you don't have to take a taxi all the time. We walked to a nearby travel-agency and to Java Coffee bar, no problem. We felt quite safe walking around during the day. Would not do it in the night though. Can really recommend Java, in my opinion they have the best coffee in Kenya! The room was small and outdated, but clean, and ok for a night. The breakfast was not so good, but with a nice view of the street outside from the restaurant. Don't buy breakfast if it is not included.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heggvin
Reviewed April 11, 2012

this is the most old fashioned hotel i have been to. there are no recent airconditioning,no pool, the tv is archaic with extremely limited unclear channels,the duty manager is rude. kenyans generally are not hospitable people.
i practically had to beg for hot water to shower. if for anything, it is only good for one night stay as its in the centre of town.
overall,it's below average.