1,651 results
All reviews national park game park close to the airport eagles restaurant game reserve park view wild animals mombasa road international airport an airport hotel between flights nairobi traffic wilson airport gift shop rooms are nice short stay business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

On my recent trip to Kenya this was the only negative experience- it amazes me how out in the remote areas of Kenya I was able to use USA currency. But a 5 Star hotel in a major city (laugh) I was forced to use shillings - the waiter took me to the front desk and I ask asked to exchange my USA dollars into shillings - which they gave me a bad rate on. “Travelers beware”
Humm I wonder why the bell hop did not refuse my USA dollar tip or my room charge was in USA dollars ????

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Karl H, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Hello Lori K, thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback

We regret to note that our product and services didn't meet your expectations.

We will take your feedback up with the concerned departments and hope to welcome you again with a different experience.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

This review is not regarding the servers themselves, but the hotel. I was in a group that had booked this hotel for 2 hours at an outrageous price so we can showered off before heading out to a late flight. The rooms are small and have no privacy as the shower and toilet is behind a glass wall next to the room. The shower area also stank of urine. There was an insufficient number of towels in our room as requested, but when we called for more towels, they were delivered. We tried to order supper in the restaurant on the 2nd floor, but had no options other than the overpriced buffet. Our guide picked this place and made arrangements a year ahead of time, but it appears the management did no honor this. We had to go to the restaurant on the 4th floor or order off a menu. By then, we had some lost time and were getting nervous about getting to the airport on time. We were charged for the bottled waters while we were on the 2nd floor restaurant, which was crazy because it is water. On top of it, they did not accept US dollars, yet others in our group who had drinks in their other restaurants paid in US dollars. Someone in our group had to go downstairs and change their USD to schillings to pay for our waters. This is very unfriendly for a large hotel and will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Don't go there. Expensive for what you get and unfriendly service.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi mableinasia, thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback

Reviewed February 26, 2018

This facility sports a five-star reputation that is not, in our opinion, or the opinion of our fellow travellers deserved. The food is passable and the rooms are comfortable enough. But for a hotel with their rating we found all of the staff, except for two people, to be rude from the start. That started a bit of a cascade effect amongst our fellow travellers. As with most Airport Hotels the five-star reputation sported a five-star expense. Water is never free. The smallest bottle is $2.25US and the largest is $5.25US - don't expect that the bottled water and sparkling water on your table comes with the meal if you are in the high end dining area - it doesn't. From small things to not alerting the guests of this fact to large things such as one of our companions (any only one out of 18) being singled out by not accepting her US money no matter what year it was printed and only accepting Shillings from her we found to be unacceptable. My husband and I had elected to eat earlier in the lounge area and while our food was not enjoyed (simple BLT that was not as advertised) it came fast with efficient service and the Host as well as our Server were excellent. However the experience was downhill from there as we joined the rest of our company. There had been arrangements made by our Tour Guide for everyone to have dinner together but nothing was set up. They were first sat in one area, then shuttled off to another (we kept them company to be altogether) with the minutes counting down until we had to leave for our flight. Instead of transferring the already started tab from one area to the other when the shift was done by the Hotel, they refused to serve until all patrons had paid their "downstairs" drink bill which had started. That, of course, wasted more precious time as the minutes counted down. After being told at least three times (from the 2 hour mark) that we needed to take the bus at the designated time they finally jumped to it and brought everyones order. There is a new location across the street and all 18 of our company were adamant that were an airport hotel ever needed in Nairobi it would never be Ole Sereni that we went to but the one across the way instead. As I said, although we had decent service, we watched in horror as our companions were treated with rudeness and disrespect - so for us this hotel is an experience we would never want again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Karl H, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Hi, thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Ole Sereni is a beautiful hotel overlooking Nairobi National Park. And that is about where the compliments stop. We were a group of 18. We booked day rooms a year in advance. They promised we could rent rooms for two hours so we could freshen up before our 11p.m. international flight. They kicked some of us out of the rooms after 90 minutes and told others they could stay for 3 hours. They collected payment for the rooms in USD, but would only accept shillings in the restaurant. They pressured us to pay $4,0000 shillings for a buffet when we only wanted a light meal. I told them three times we didn't want the buffet so they had a manager come to me as the leader of the group and pressured me to have them all order the buffet. They had to move us to a different restaurant rather than just serving us. It took one of our guests 1 hour to receive his french fries. We didn't have enough towels in our rooms. The bellman put a soft-sided bag on the bottom of the trolley, instead of making two trips, thus damaging a couple items in the bag. (We have to have soft-sided bags for the safari flights). If our group had one or two issues, we would understand, but with problems at every turn, we definitely won't be back! And would suggest other travellers avoid this hotel as well until they understand that their name isn't more important than good service for their guests.

My group stayed in several hotels and resorts in Nairobi and camps in the Masai Mara. This was our only bad stay. Because it was our last hotel it was a horrible way to end an otherwise amazing African experience.

Room tip: Choose a room in a different hotel. I will never stay here again.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank HWSafaris
Karl H, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Hello Greg H, we appreciate the feedback and we have emailed you on this feedback . We apologize and kindly let us know what we can change or improve so as to better your stay the next time you visit. Have a lovely day, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

I and my wife checked in room 204 on 18/02/18 and will like to compliment the security staff who rescued our bag which we had forgotten on a yellow taxi we took from airport terminal 2 to the hotel. When we notified the security they immediately traced the taxi on the cctv and had enough evidence and then followed up with the taxi and finally got hold of the taxi man who was honesty enough and was bringing back the bag. Thanks to the huge security man Hesbon and Diana.
Also appreciate one guest relation gentle man who handled our previous complain amicably and always makes us feel at home. We will highly recommend.

Room tip: more expensive to stay here than holiday in kensinjton in London
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Karl H, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Hello Otwero B , we appreciate the feedback and thanks for rating our security team highly . Kindly let us know what we can change or improve so as to better your stay the next time you visit. Have a lovely day, hope to see you again soon.