“Very nice hotel between the airport and downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #19 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Trier, Germany
“Very nice hotel between the airport and downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is in between downtown and the airport - off from the busy Mombasa Road. However the hotel is at the fenses of the Nairobi NP and you feel like outside of the city. This was my 2nd stay in this hotel and I will come back again. Unfortunately a huge road construction project is ongoing and they start working at latest 8:00am and the windows have just thin glas without any sound isolation.

However the decoration of the hotel is exellent with nice African arts and drawings. The breakfast is very good with a wide selection of everything. You can eat at the balcony with a very nice few to the national park. It's a very relaxing start of the day.

The same is valid for dinner or lunch. Just the prices are a little bit on the high end. The bar and the restaurant at the top floor is very good and offers even a better few to the NP.

The gym is well equipped and you have staff always around you for support. I general the staff are friendly but sometimes a little bit slow. Check in/out takes some time.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equal (towards NP or towards Mombasa Road). Take the upper floor as you wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was memorable.

We will tighten up the speed related to service levels.

We look forward to welcoming back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I travel on my own for business and the staff at this hotel have looked after me extremely well being friendly but without intruding.

On a day of free time i arranged a trip to the national park which i would recommend - ask for Benson. The hotel mini van has a roof that lifts up to give 360 clear viewing.

On the one occasion during my six night stay that I made a comment about my dinner, I was given a discount and received a hotel branded scarf personally brought to my room with thanks for my business from management.

Hotel has good internet and constant power. Menu is good but would benefit from some local dishes.

But its the staff that really make this place a great base for business or holiday.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

Your positive comments will go a long way in motivating the Team and to ensure that we consistently deliver the same level of service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We spent about 15 hours in this hotel. We checked in at about 9pm and left before lunch the next day. All went well until the check out which took ages. Then we tried to get a taxi, first from the check out guy who quoted silly money, then from the concierge who took forever, and when I threw my toys out of the cot, took less money from me than the reception guy quoted and then drove me to the airport in what I assume to be his own private car... Very shonkey and the owners need to know what is going on. This totally took the shine off what had otherwise been a pleasant stop-over.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Brian T
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you faced. In regards to the revised rate from the Travel Desk, the driver offered a discounted fare which we do apply on rare occasions.

We do hope this incident will not hinder your decision of choosing us during your future travels.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located 20 driving minutes from the airport. It's also close to a national wildlife park, where you can have a game drive. Most rooms offer a great view at this park. The gym offers some state of the art equipment. Free wifi is available around the hotel premises and rooms. Several restaurants offer local and international cuisine. Staff is always around and happy to serve you the "African Way"! Recommended for a short (business)stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was comfortable.

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hi I stay 5 months there had a great time with the staff, great hotel great view the only problem was the BA crew members they drink all night they are noisy they do not let you sleep other then that great place to visit

Puente.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I do apologise on the noise pollution from BA crew which we are addressing right away.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Iloilo City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was a great location for a business trip. It is located near the airport and you don't have to suffer the Nairobi traffic to get in and out of the property. Unfortunately, there is a large cloverleaf intersection being built right outside the property and traffic in and out is sure to be impeded. Once construction is done, I'm sure they have made provisions for entry and exit.

Room Tip: Away from the construction and facing the game reserve.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rod20
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am sure your future visits will see a more definied system of how traffic flows on our roads.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We needed to stay one night in Nairobi close to the airport. We chose the Ole Sereni because of its proximity, security, and luxury. We were not disappointed. Although we didn't eat at the hotel it was very busy and everyone was very friendly. Although a little pricy I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's concerned about safety and wants a good nights rest a short distance from the airport.

Room Tip: They have a park side and a city side. We stayed in the city side because we knew it would be too la...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank semper_peragro
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

We are pleased to learn that your stay was memorable.